25• RETURNED

My bare feet crunch against the forest floor of dirt and leaves as i walk dazed towards an alter, Sabrina by my side.

Surrounding the alter is the aunties and our...parents.

A chill rushes over my shoulders and i turn my head to Sabrina.

We share a curious look as we approach them.

Aunt Zelda lifts a baby from a large craddle, handing it to our father before handing another to our mother.

It's us.

I stare in awe at the scene before us, we look so small.

Our parents turn, walking past us with the children as their eyes bore into the darkness.

Sabrina and I share a worried look as we follow them into the night.

Another chill covers me as the dark lord towers over our heartbroken parents, reaching out.

Dread filld my chest as i lock my hand on Sabrina's arm to leave, stumbling back.

Before we can escape, 3 monstrous creatures, all adorning sharp crowns on their heads as they peer down at us.

My eyes burst open to sunlight peeking through my window.

Sabrina sigh loudly, "goodbye holidays, hello school" she glances over at me before jumping out of bed as i bury my head in my pillows.

***

My black boots echo through the halls of the academy, Sabrina and I decided to focus on our witch studies full time.

Meaning no more Baxter High,
no more Susie.

"Ivy"

I'm pulled from my thoughts as an all too familiar red head steps by my side and a smile falls on my face.

"You're offically ready for your second Blackwell tradition" he grins and i roll my eyes.

"Does it involve cannibalism?" i raise a brow and he chuckles, leading the way.

***

I stroll back into the house followed by Sabrina as she smirks.

I scoff, "big step into the path of night, don't you think?" i cross my arms.

The traditional school's top boy election was held this morning and Sabrina challenged Nick for the spot.

I couldn't get the glint of power she held in her eyes out of my mind, i could feel it.

She shrugs, "well, it's a new year, which calls for new things, don't you agree?" she winks.

She twirls cheerfully before disappearing into the parlour room.

An unsettling feeling brushes over me, we only signed the book to save our friends...right?

***