Chapter 11

Cassie's POV

I woke up to sunlight pouring in through the curtains.
I felt a tight grip around my waist and Caliban sleeping peacefully behind me. His light breath tickled as it touched my neck.
A part of me felt disgusted by this. I mean he's literally trying to over rule me and take my throne. But a part of me can't help but notice how strong is arms feel as they wrap around my waist, or how the sunlight makes his hair shine like pure gold. That part of me can't deny that I want him to lay here with me all day.

"Good morning Cassie" he says, his eyes still closed.

I sit up so quickly I almost fall off the bed.

"What do you think your doing?" I ask

"Oh come on don't flatter yourself, besides you didn't seem to have a problem with it last night while you lay sleeping on my chest" he says in his same snarky tone.

"Um definitely did not do that. Though now who's flattering themselves?" I say and roll my eyes

I stand up out of bed and look down at him.

He's wearing grey sweatpants and a white shirt, his hair is a mess, the good kind. And I can't help staring for a second.

"Like what you see Princess?" He says catching on.

"You wish, Caliban"

"Well you look awful, you might wanna to something about that." He says jokingly, or so I think.

Damn, harsh...

I walk into the bathroom not saying another word and change into my day clothes

After a simple spell,
I am now wearing a red tank top with a leather jacket, paired with ripped up blue jeans and boots.

I walk out and Caliban is gone.

I search around the room, and nothing.

I should have known he would have taken the first chance he had to run. I feel like a fool for letting him trick me. How am I supposed to keep my father from finding him if he doesn't even care?

I fall back down onto the bed with a sign and think of my next move.

But about a minute later Caliban opens up the door and walks in.

"Oh yes, much better." He says staring me up and down.

He's followed by about 10 servants, each carrying a cart with the most delicious looking food I've ever seen.

One of the men come up to me. I pick up a biscuit and take a bite

"Pick anything you'd like, we can't have our prisoner starving can we?"

"Prisoner?, now hold up a minute I don't know who you think you are but, I came to you, how am I your prisoner?" I say.

"Yes Cassie, you see after you decided to stay last night, I got to thinking, and what better way to attract the devil then to lure him in with his most prized possession... you." He says with that creepy little smile of his.

"Excuse me? Hell no, I will not be a prisoner in my own damn kingdom, let me go now or I will have no problem going full psycho bitch on your ass." I say, boiling up with rage.

" I'd like to see you try."

"Lorem ignis!" I scream

But nothing happens as the room gets eerily quiet, what's going on?

"Why won't my magic work, Caliban?"

"Oh that's simple, that biscuit you just ate suppressed your powers, so does all this food, so you can either starve or have your magic it's really up to you."

"Why are you doing this?" I say

"Oh don't take it personal Princess, but I will stop at nothing until I have that crown, and your father is the only thing in my way. I am simply going to trap him in this lovely little ball and take what is mine."

He then held up what I now know to be an Acheron Configuration.

What have you gotten yourself into Cassie?