Chapter 12

Gabriel ^

Cassie's POV

After a couple minutes, one of Caliban's guards bursts into the room.

"My Lord, you must come with me at once, she's gone missing ag..."

As soon as he sees me standing on the other side of the room, his eyes go wide and his words stop abruptly.

Caliban too looks at me wide eyed as if I wasnt allowed to hear what I've just heard.

Who's missing I think to myself? What is Caliban trying to hide from me?

"Don't you ever come in here unannounced again peasant, do you understand?!" Caliban yells at him.

"Yes sir, it won't happen again I swear to you" he replies timidly

They exit the room and once again I'm left by myself.

I notice the shelf of books to the right of me and decide reading will help the time go by faster, until I get my magic back.

I walk to it and browse my options.
I decide to pick up a book titled The History Of The 9 Circles of Hell, then walk over to the fireplace and take a seat on the couch placed in front of it.

I begin reading and get to about the middle of it within an hour. But just as I am about to take a break and pour myself a glass of water. I hear a tapping noise coming from the window.

I walk over to it and draw the curtains back. When I look down at ground my eyes lock onto none other than Gabriel, my fathers guard who I had briefly meet in the woods the night before, throwing rocks at the window.

I slide the window open but don't say a word.

"Cassie, thank the Dark Lord I found you, I've been looking everywhere your father is furious you left without his permission!"he says

" Gabriel I need you to listen to me very carefully, I came here to warn Caliban of my father but he tricked me, suppressed my magic, and is now holding me prisoner until my father comes to find me, he thinks he can take down Lucifer, but I think we both know how that's gonna go, so I need you to get me out of here without him or my father knowing." I explain "Can you do that for me?" I ask sounding a little desperate. Which I am.

"Without Caliban knowing sure that's easy, but you know I have to tell your father about this."he replies

"Then I am not going anywhere." I start "Caliban might be a jerk but you know my father will kill him if he ever found out about this I mean he was already planning on it , and I'm not going to let that happen. So you can either keep my secret and return me home or go back empty handed again, but I'm sure my father wouldn't be to pleased about that would he? But hey, it's up to you hero."

"Okay, okay fine, I'll keep it a secret but only if you promise to never tell anybody else about this, if your father were to find out I'm hiding something like this from him, he will not hesitate to kill me as well."

"Deal now hurry, say a spell or something and get me out of here"

"There's no spell necessary, all you have to do is jump."

JUMP?! Are you crazy is like a 50 foot drop! No way, there's got to be another way." I exclaim

"There isn't, they have every door guarded and the grounds have been covered with an anti magic spell, but don't worry it'll be fine, I'll catch you." he replies

"Okay fine but you better" I say nervously as I climb up onto the ledge of the window and look down at the ground below me.

Wow it looks way higher then I thought.

I sit there for a few minutes second guessing if I actually want to do this.

"Come on Love, we don't have all day, trust me your gonna be fine."

Trust him? How am I supposed to trust a man I've just met to catch me from jumping out of a third story window?

After I finally manage to build up a little courage, I stand up, step off of the ledge and begin to fall down.

As I feel myself getting closer and closer to the ground, Gabriel catches me just like he said he would.

Well that was quite easier then I had anticipated.

I open my eyes and my face is only inches apart from his.

"Thank you." I say, starring into his eyes for a moment.

"No problem, now come on let's get out of here." He says

He then sets me down, we climb back over the wall, and we being to run towards the woods.