Chapter 13

Cassie's POV

As me and Gabriel are making are way back through the woods I can tell something is bothering him.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask

"Nothing why would there be something wrong?" He replies

"Come on your not fooling me, you haven't even looked at me once since we left Caliban's." I say

"Nothings wrong just drop it okay?"

"Gabriel stop." I say as I step in front of him placing my hand on his chest, ordering him to stop in his tracks.

He looks down at me and sighs.

"Is there something going on with you and Caliban?" He asks

"What?" I ask shocked

"It's just that, you obviously spent the night there last night and you were in Caliban's room, when he usually keeps his prisoners down in the dungeons. So I thought maybe there's something more to the story."

"Hell no of course not, why would you even say that, that man is a lying manipulative jerk who only cares about himself and power, there's nothing going between us, but if there was why would you even care?"

He looks down at his feet trying to hide his face but I can see as a smirk creeps across it. But it soon goes away as he picks his head up and says

"Your father has ordered me to look after you I'm just doing my job, and Lucifer wouldn't appreciate you getting all cozy in bed with the enemy."

"I'm not getting cozy with anyone but even if I was it's none of your business and it's especially not my fathers, he's been in my life for all of two seconds he doesn't get to control me."

He rolls is eyes " He's the devil Cassie, everything is his business, I'm just telling you to stay away from Caliban you do not want to get caught up with a guy like him."

"A guy like him? Want do u even know about him anyway? I'm not some damsel in distress I can take care of myself I've done it my entire life, just because I found out I'm the devils daughter doesn't change a damn thing about me."

"As a matter of fact I know more about Caliban then you'd think, actually he was my best friend for years, we grew up with each other and did everything together. As you know Caliban was made from clay so when he was born an orphan, my family took him in and gave him a home. He was just like me one of Lucifers guards, I remember when we signed up for it together we were both so excited, we had been waiting to join the Guard since we were boys. But after Caliban found out about his claim to the throne 3 years ago he changed into a completely different person, he left the guard and started gathering his own followers trying to over rule Lucifer. He turned is back on everyone including me. And now that you've arrived he thinks it's the perfect way to weasel his way to the throne. He sees you as a weak mortal girl, as a disposable pawn in his game for power, so go ahead do whatever you want but don't say I didn't ever warn you Cassie."

I sit there taking in all this information for a minute.
He then turns away and continues walking again.
I follow but stay behind him.

We finally reach the end of the woods,still not having said a word the whole rest of the way.

"So what are we gonna tell my father about what happened?" I finally speak up

"We're gonna tell him that you went out trying to find Caliban's castle but got lost in the woods all night, until I found you. We'll tell him that you we're hungry so we hunted ourselves some food, cooked it and returned on way back home. He shouldn't question it too much if we stick to our story, he's got a lot on his mind right now. Just leave it to me there's no need for you to say much."

"Okay, if you really think that will work, you've known him longer so I'll trust you."

We start to approach Pandemonium and as we reach the castle the doors burst open and my father comes walking out and stands at the top of the steps.

"Where in the hell have you been!" His voice booms out

Gabriel tells him our story and I can't tell what he's thinking as Gabriel finishes.

"I see and why exactly were you going to see Caliban in the first place Cassie?" He asks me

I think for a second and say
"He just really pissed me off after he left here yesterday and I wanted to confront him one on one I thought finding him would be easier but I guess I was wrong."

"Hm, understandable I presume. Okay, but I do not want you leaving Pandemonium without my explicit permission from now on. You haven't been here long and don't know how this place works, with you in waiting to claim the throne there will be a lot of people out to get you in order to stop this, do you understand me child?"

"Yes father, it won't happen again" I reply

"Now Gabriel take her to her room and guard the door for me I want eyes on her at all times."

"Yes sir, come one Cassie."

We walk past my father into the castle and Gabriel takes me to my room.

"Well I guess our plan..."

"Shhhh" Gabriel stops me. He pulls me to him and whispers
"There are ears everywhere around here we must never speak of this again, now the sun is setting, get ready for bed and I'll bring in your dinner in about an hour, till then don't get yourself into any more trouble. Okay?"

I roll my eyes, nod, then turn away and close the door behind me.

I walk to my bed and lay down and smile thinking about the crazy day I just had.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this whole Hell thing.

————————————

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in so long.
I'll be updating more frequently from now on I promise. Also thank you all so much for the love and support. Hope you like how the story is going so far. And it will be getting a lot more interesting soon.💕