Detour: Seven

Noong dumating si Rita sa tinutuluyan niya ay agad-agad siyang humiga. Sobrang drained na siya, lalo't pagod ang buong pagkatao niya. She tried her best to empty her mind and relax.

"Do it for yourself, Rita." She prayed - hard. She needed His presence the most, ngayong sobrang bigat ng loob niya. God answered her prayer and soon she drifted off to sleep.

When she woke up, it was 8 pm. Kahit papaano ay she felt energized. She focused on herself and composed her thoughts. Narinig niyang nag-aalburuto ang tiyan niya kaya naman naisipan niya munang kumain. Mabuti nalang at naabutan pa niyang bukas ang in-house cafe, 9 pm pala ang closing nito.

She took a shower and thought about what she would do next. Ipaglalaban niya si Ken, hangga't makakaya niya. She was trying to understand him, and soon realized that she can't blame him. She doesn't want to force him, he needs to be the one to decide. Whatever happens, no matter how much it hurts. Because loving a person means learning how to let go...

You make plans and it doesn't work out always. When that happens, you learn to adjust. Akala niya, kapag dating niya dito ay magiging okay na ang lahat. Pero hindi nga pala kagaya sa mga palabas nila, na kapag aminin mo nadarama mo, happy ending na agad.

Wala siyang gana lumabas. Siya yung nanghihinayang sa pamasahe niya. How could she appreciate the beauty around her, when nothing compares to her favorite view - him?

Ken arrived at Rita's inn the next morning. Mamayang gabi ang date niya with the girl, kailangan niya munang makausap si Rita.

"Sir, good morning. I'm looking for room 131. I'd like to visit Rita Iriñgan."

"Ah yes, she said she might have visitors. Just go here on your left, then straight."

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Hello, Ken. First of all, I'm sorry about yesterday. We said some things we shouldn't have..."

"I'm sorry din, Ta..."

"So, tonight's your big date."

"Yes, but I'm not sure anymore..."

"No, you're right. You should do it. Ano yung sabi mo sa akin, huwag mag-pabigla-bigla?"

He didn't respond.

"Kung hindi naman ako nandito ngayon, you would go on the date without hesitations... I love you, but I'm also ready to let you go..."

"Pupunta akong Norway, I want to see the Northern Lights, season daw ngayon..." She continued.

"I've heard they're beautiful..."

"Sorry, hindi kita pine-pressure. But I bought plane tickets for two...." Inabot ni Rita kay Ken ang ticket niya -6:30 AM flight for the next day.

"Just letting you know, I'm ready whenever you are..." She kissed his cheek.

...

Ken was actually looking for a sign, he's been confused for quite some time now.

He loved Rita, a big part of him knew that he still does. But he was starting to like the girl. Noong una siyang dumating sa Switzerland, he was so lonely. All he did was work, eat and sleep. Hindi niya naa-appreciate kung nasaan siya, at hindi niya nae-enjoy yung fact na eto na nga- he's living his dream.

Sobrang nami-miss niya ang Pilipinas. Sobrang nami-miss niya ang pamilya niya. Sobrang miss niya na si Rita. Pero desisyon niya naman yun. He was the one who insisted na huwag sila masiyadong mag-usap ni Rita. He feels that if he allows himself to be constantly attached, it would be like he never left.