Argument

Drake was lying on the bed, staring blankly up at the ceiling. He knew he should probably get some sleep, but he couldn't quite fall asleep. It had been a crazy few... days? Collin was a great person, and it was a relief to have another person to talk to besides Caine.

It helps to remind himself that Caine was the bad guy. He was evil, a sociopath. And apparently he's never spoken aloud to anyone before. Which was strange, but not exactly unexpected. Especially considering how Drake had assumed that Caine actually couldn't speak.

He sighed, feeling frustrated. They had to get out of here. But Collin was convinced that there was no way out. He thinks that they should just make the best of what they have. The worst thing? He seemed content with spending the rest of eternity inside this... this prison.

Drake?

Drake jumped, sitting straight up. His spines stuck straight up with shock. No, this wasn't possible. Caine wasn't supposed to be able to get through the barrier, physically or mentally.

Drake? Hear Me?

Caine's voice was staticky, Drake was sort of able to hear him, but not always. He hesitated, knowing full well that he shouldn't reply. Drake felt pain run through his chest, followed by a feeling he didn't want to admit, even to himself.

Drake? Can you hear me?"

Drake closed his eyes as Caine's voice became clearer. Crap. Panic woke in his chest. Should he get Collin? Would he be able to help?

No!

Caine's voice was on the bridge of panic, so much unlike his usual purr that it kinda startled Drake.

Drake please? Hear me out. Collin is dangerous. Especially to you.

Drake laughed incredulously. He's dangerous? Collin's not the one who murdered thousands!

Drake, he's brainwashed you! He-He forced you to protect his brother! He wouldn't care if you lived or died because he only sees you as an animal! As a mob! And as soon as he realizes who you are, he'll turn on you!

Drake flinched, pain erupting in his chest. No, Caine was wrong. He wouldn't. Tears threatened as doubt clouded his mind.

Drake, it's okay. It'll be okay. We have to get you away from him.

Drake shook his head. Hard. No. I won't.

Drake, it's too dangerous. He's too dangerous.

Drake growled irritatedly. Shut up!

Caine was silent for a moment. Then, in a slightly choked voice, he muttered

I just don't want to see you get hurt. I don't want to lose you.

Drake felt shock, then anger erupt inside him. In order to lose me, you'd of had to have me first! He snapped.
"I don't belong to you! I never have! I don't belong to anyone, not you or Collin!" Drake was so pissed he didn't notice Collin standing by the door. "Drake?" His eyes were wide. "Are you okay?" Drake glanced at him. His skin prickled. "Y-yeah." Drake muttered.

Drake, you need to get out of there.

Drake's ear went flat against his head. "Shut up." Drake growled. "Go away Herobrine." Collin growled at the exact same moment. Drake glanced at him, surprised. Collin blinked at Drake. "Are you okay? I thought I sensed something." Drake swallowed. "Can you.., Can you hear him?"

Collin nodded. "Yeah, unfortunately." He crossed the room and sat on the bed beside Drake. His expression was concerned. "Do you know how he broke the barriers?" He asked.

Drake shook his head, hugging his knees. "Does that mean he can get in here now?" Drake asked, unable to stop the fear in his voice. Collin shook his head. "No, he only broke my mental barriers." He said gently, placing his hand on Drake's shoulder reassuringly. Drake exhaled, feeling relieved. He rested his head on Collin's shoulder.

Get away from him!

Caine's voice snapped in Drake's ear, making Drake flinch. Collin put his arms around Drake, glaring. "Leave Him. Alone." Collin snarled, glaring at the sky.

You stay out of this! He's mine, and always will be!

Drake whimpered, fear shooting through his scales. Collin's grip tightened. "It's okay." Collin's voice was gentle in his ear. "Don't listen to him."

Drake, we are one in the same. Alienated by society, and called monsters. You are just like me.

Drake flinched, tears streaming down his face. Collin pulled him closer. "I'm fixing the barriers." Collin whispered softly. "It may take me awhile though." Drake nodded, resting his head on the pillow. Collin paused, then lay down beside Drake, pulling him closer.

"You'll be okay." He promised. Drake felt his scales stiffen, then he relaxed slightly. There was nothing strange or romantic about Collin's gesture, in fact, Drake understood exactly what Collin was doing.

Back when Armen was little, Drake knew he used to crawl into bed with Collin after having a nightmare, or during thunderstorms. He'd actually done the same thing with Drake; he'd often be woken up in the middle of the night by Armen crawling into the sleeping bag with him.

Drake had never minded, though it felt kinda strange to be the one being comforted now. Strange, but it also felt kinda nice. A nice change. Drake rested his head on Collin's chest, and for the first time, maybe ever, he felt safe. Completely safe.

Drake. Snap out of it!

Drake shook his head, trying to block out Caine's voice. Collin's hand stroked Drake's head, and his voice snapped at Caine. "Why don't you stay out of it?" He demanded, angry.

Drake!

Caine's voice was beginning to wane, becoming staticky again.

I'll you out! I'll get you-

Caine's voice faded completely as Collin fixed the boundary, and Drake fell asleep on Collin's chest.