《chapter 11》

There's a lot more swearing in this chapter than usual. Reader discretion is advised.

"Sunny days, everybody loves them

Tell me baby can you stand the rain?

 Storms will come

This we know for sure (This we know for sure)
Can you stand the rain?"- Can You Stand The Rain- New Edition

Genesis raced through an orange light, sighing as she made it across the road just before it turned red. She tucked a small braid behind her ear and heaved out a sigh, squinting at the bright road. She forgot her sunglasses.

She was heading 'home'. She didn't know if she could call it home yet, she had only been there for a week. Everything was slowly falling back into place. She was getting accustomed to living with Abel again.

Life with him currently seemed like heaven- he treated her like a queen. He seemed to be sticking to his word of treating her better, and he was doing a damn good job at it. Genesis had to remind herself not to fall for his traps- he'll be back on his bullshit by next week.

There was a part of her that questioned that, though. She wondered if he was actually being genuine. If he really meant what he said, if he really wanted her back. If that was the case, then she knew she couldn't carry out her plan. She knew she couldn't leave him, just like that, because she knew deep down that no matter how much she despised him sometimes, she cared for him even more. Even though he hurt her. 

But what if he really did care? What if all of his affection, all the late night talks, the great sex,  what if that was all wholehearted? What if she left him alone and heartbroken? She wouldn't wish that feeling on her greatest enemy.

Or what if it was all fake? What if it was all an act to get her back? What if he had a plan of his own, and it was working? She couldn't deal with anymore pain right now, she was sick of the permanent gray cloud that was forever floating above her. 

She let out an exhausted sigh as she parked the car that Abel got for her in the underground parking lot. She made her way inside the building and into the elevator. She was on the highest floor, the penthouse, in a few minutes. She took out her key and opened the front door.

Two things stopped her in her tracks.

One, the smell of some kind of ethnic food.

Two, Abel was chuckling from somewhere in the apartment.

She walked in with a raised eyebrow, closing the door behind her. She took her shoes off and rested her bag on the nearest chair. Abel peaked his head through the entrance that led to the kitchen, and looked at her. His face grew into a smile, his phone clutched to his ear. He steps from behind the wall so she can see him fully. She almost laughed when she saw him in an apron.

"Mama, I'ma have to call you back." He said. It took Genesis a while to realize that he wasn't talking to her, he was on the phone. He stays silent for a second then rolls his eyes playfully. Genesis smiles a bit.

"Yes, mama. She's home now." He pauses for a second. "I will. I love you too." Pause. "Ok, bye." He takes the phone from his ear and places it in his pocket.