Episode 7: A Broken Heart (Pt. 1)

Blair's place is not so far away and soon I'm standing in front of her building. I start making my way when a taxi stops in front of me, I see Izaac steps out of the taxi.

Izaac: "You're going to Blair's party too?"

"Yeah."

Izaac: "Blair must be desperate to shake things up if she went as far as inviting someone entertaining like you."

(What a rude asshole.)

Just when I was beginning to think he wasn't so bad but then he says something like this.

Izaac glances over at me with a smirk.

Izaac: "Don't tell me you're going in empty handed?"

"Huh?"

When I look over, I see that he's holding a present bag.

I look around and see all the other people entering the house have something in their hands too.

Earlier, I asked Blair's friends about the details of the party, I also asked about bringing a present.

'You don't have to bring anything.'

(How could I have been so naive?)

I can almost picture the looks I'm gonna get...

"It would be pretty bad if I go in without a present, right?"

Izaac: "This is more like a housewarming gift than a present. It's a house party, after all."

"Crap, you're right!"

Izaac: "Don't worry too much about it. She'll probably just make a snide remark or two, and that'll be that..."

I feel knots forming in my stomach at the prospect.

"Actually, I'll just go and get something real quick."

Izaac: "What? Right now?"

"Going in without a present would be like walking into a team"

Izaac: "I guess when you put it that way."

He gives a small chuckle.

There are only a few stores open at this hour. I can't seem to come up with something thing that Blair might like.

I glance over at Izaac's present bag.

"Is that wine?"

Izaac: "Yeah. I only bought it because I wanted to drink some of myself. I didn't go out of my way to pick something out for her."

"Oh."

The truth is, it's hard to imagine Izaac would go out of his way for anyone.

"Hmm, I don't know. I guess I'll just go and buy something."

Izaac: "If you don't know what she likes, why not ask someone who knows her well?"

"That's a good idea."

I bet Serena would know, so I take out my phone and call her.

Serena: "Hello?"

I can hear lots of voices in the background. Which means she's already at the party.

Serena: "Hey, [Y/N]], where are you? Aren't you coming?"

"I'm almost there."

I tell her what happened and ask for any suggestions on what to get for Blair.

Serena: "Well, the thing she wants the most is that necklace."

"Oh, I was thinking more like something I can actually afford."