6

Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit--fuck my life. Alfred thought as he ran through the halls of the White House. The virus was getting out of hand, and he's slowly being infected. There is about--oh god knows--100,000--since January!

But that was only a small part of why he's in a rush. The new Mars rover, Perseverance (damned machine) is almost done, and who knows what'll happen? Sure, more surveillance and all that--but more discoveries! More life discoveries!

Damn it--why does everything have to be so difficult? First, Perseverance is being made, then his precious country became the epicenter for COVID-19, what next--Great Depression 2.0? The way things are going, Alfred wouldn't be surprised if one did happen this April. The world's spiraling down a rabbit hole leading straight to Hell, there must a least be something not affected by the disasters.

He stopped in front of a computer, hands shaking as he checked the reports from Curiosity. If something happened, he thought. I am so fuck--

Oh. Nothing. It was the same results he gets everyday. There was nothing strange, no signs of symptoms, or any peculiar activity.

Alfred heaved a sigh of relief, his shoulders releasing their tension.

Hallelujah.