Chapter 73 - Goodbye to You Both (Warm Blood Runs Cold)

The next morning, Louis woke first once again, but instead of leaving Legosi, he just admired him, stroking his cheek and thinking about their future as husbands.

    Legosi stirred and yawned in his slumber, seeming to press ever so slightly into Louis' hand.

    The deer scratched gently. "Hey."

    The wolf breathed out roughly through his nose. "Mmph...I want my...egg sandwich..."

    Louis made a crooked face.  "What?"

    Legosi continued to talk in his sleep. "One million yen...that's too much..."

    The buck laughed and just listened.

    "No...can't make Louis pay for it. His money is gone...I'll give you...my bug sticker book..."

    "Not the bug sticker book!"

    Legosi paused, as if he had heard Louis in his dream. "...the bug sticker book...costs five million yen." He continued. "Even though...you can't taste them..."

    "Don't do it, Legosi!" He couldn't help but snicker.

    "...I love you, Louis..."

    "I love you."

    "Hmmmm...I'm going to...lick your butt..." His tongue stuck out, landing on the pillow next to him.

    "O-oh?"

    Legosi licked the pillow a few times. "Mmm, don't worry. You...did it for me...and canines lick each other anyway...not there but..." His tongue returned to the pillow.

    Louis laughed and rubbed a hand on his back. "I'm not a canine."

    The dog stopped, and suddenly his eyes opened. He looked around frantically for a bit, before his face relaxed as he gazed upon Louis. "Mmmph...morning."

    "Morning." He put his nose to his. "Quite a dream you were having, hm?"

    Legosi looked around. "Uh...hm? How..."

    "You speak~" Louis tugged his ear.

    "O-oh. Do I...usually talk in my sleep?"

    "Sometimes. You are the cutest animal ever...Didn't know you liked licking butts, though~"

    Legosi groaned. "Well, you put the idea in my head. Who would have thought that was even something that both animals would enjoy..."

    He rubbed his ears back. "Whoever came up with it."

    "What a crazy animal it must have been..."

    "Apparently not since it apparently feels so good."

    "Well, crazy to think of it. Probably an herbivore, since they weren't afraid of losing themselves to their instincts."

    "Maybe it was like a...weird carnivore that liked licking all over their prey..."

    "Th-that's kind of scary."

    "Some of the craziest animals have invented the best things."

    Legosi just nodded, reaching for his phone and checking the time. He yawned. "We should probably get going."

    "I'm excited. I love Gosha-san, but our bed is at home."

    The wolf pulled the covers off himself as he sat up. "Yeah...and the sooner I'm back to school, the sooner I can go and graduate."

    "Sort of."