Chapter 92 - A Friend in a Dark Place

The five animals piled into Gon's car, with Legosi and Pina in the back with Louis in between them, while Bill got in the front next to the old tiger, who began driving when everyone was settled, hoping this was just some lucid dream he was having.

    Legosi held the ice to his head, eyes shut and groaning slightly.

    The principal turned his head to Bill. "So...how have classes been going?"

    The other tiger crossed his arms. "It's only been, like, one day..."

    "Just show him where to go, Billy," Pina said, from the back seat.

    Bill sighed and began navigating them.

Meanwhile, Louis kept his head down, trying to ignore the fact that he never wanted to set foot in the black market again and Legosi promised he wouldn't return. But this was serious. The panda would be able to help.

Legosi stirred, rubbing against the deer. "Lou..."

Louis looked up at him. "Yes?"

"I'm sorry..."

"For...?"

"Mmmph...giving you all trouble...you're all doing this for me...I'm sorry."

"No! We want to do this for you! Right, everyone?"

Pina put a reassuring hand on the wolf's shoulder, rubbing it gently. "Yeah, don't worry about it, Legosi! We're your friends!"

Bill nodded. "Even though this sucks..."

Gon sighed, staying silent.

"Gon-san...Gon-san...I don't think...I can get that drop out paper signed by grandpa to you in time..." Legosi stated, regretfully.

    "We'll figure that out later," the principal muttered.

    The wolf huffed. "Everything's...blurry. I can't see...I think...I dropped the medicine Jack gave me..."

    "You might have hit your head," Gon explained.

    Louis frowned. "B-but you're okay..."

    "He woke up, so that's good. Probably just a concussion," Pina observed.

    The deer sighed. "Okay...." He truly felt sad.

    Legosi let out a sigh, leaning into Louis and attempting to rest his head on his shoulder. The ice pack on his head fell off and caught on an antler.

    The deer removed it and pressed it against his head gently. "You need this more than me."

    The canine turned and licked his cheek. "Love you..."

    Louis moved to grip his hand. "I love you, too."

    Gon looked at them in the mirror and smiled, lightly. "Is there anything that can stop the love between you two?"

    Pina looked at the couple next to him and then to the young tiger in the passenger seat in front of him. Could they ever have that?

    The two felines were staying silent, minus the directions and affirmations between each other.

    The sheep took Legosi's free hand and started to rub it up and down from his arm to his wrist, feeling helpless. He remembered the times he antagonized the wolf when he suspected him of being the killer. He wished so badly he could have started off on the right foot for him. He was truly a good guy.

    Louis resumed looking down again.

=^.^=

Eventually, they arrived at their destination, and Gon parked the car. "We're here." He looked into the back seat.