Chapter 89 - You and I Aren't That Different

Later that night, the wolf and deer couple cuddled together in bed while watching more of that cat anime.

Louis was deep in his thoughts on the meeting from before. They were minus two more animals they needed for this. Why couldn't everything just go smoothly?

"Mmm, don't you think Sanjiin and Tamou would make a good couple?" Legosi asked, talking about the two main male characters from the show.

The deer crossed his arms. "I guess. Yes? I dunno."

"The way they look at each other...you can tell. Too bad they're both carnivores. It'd almost be like us." Legosi craned his head up to kiss his cheek.

Louis nodded. "Uh-huh."

"Mmmmph." The wolf's head felt heavier. Pretty soon, his breathing would become deeper as he fell into sleep. It was a pattern his mate became very familiar with.

The deer sighed and turned on his side. That fucking tiger...

The show went on in the background. An hour passed and his lover was sound asleep. Louis knew it would take an earthquake to wake him. And even then, it'd have to be a big one. That's why when his phone buzzed awake, Legosi stayed asleep.

A text? At this hour? He grabbed his phone from the night stand and looked down at it.

Pina: hey if ur awake wanna help me get into the student records

Louis blinked as he looked down.

Louis: Now?

Pina: now. i've been studying how security moves the past few nights for this. oh yeah cherryton actually has proper security now. about fucking time right

Louis: How convenient.

Pina: yeah. anyway im gonna be hanging out by the fountain for the next 10 minutes before the next patrol after that im leaving but if you want to help out (which would relly help me) meet me there before then. DONT bring legosi

Louis: He's sleeping like a rock.

Pina: good

Louis: I'll be there in a few.

The only problem facing the deer at the moment was the fact he was undressed, and that Legosi had one heavy arm around him. He tried to move it. "Come on...get off..."

The arm remained in place. He thought about sliding under, but that would risk his antlers.

Legosi smacked his lips, moving his arm lower to rest over the herbivore's slim hips.

That made it much easier for Louis, as he moved his feet and started scooting back.

The canine mumbled in his sleep and wiped his nose, the light from the TV the only thing illuminating the room for the deer.

Louis finally got free and then got up, moving around and getting ready to meet his dall sheep friend. After he was prepared, he made sure to grab his phone and slip out into the night, making his way to where he would be waiting for him.

Sure enough, Pina was seated on the ground with his back against the side of the fountain, backpack next to him. He wore a black sweatshirt and black gloves, paired with dark gray jeans and black boots. It created quite the contrast with the white wool of his head. He looked up as he saw Louis approaching and he waved slightly.

The cervid waved back. He came and sat on the edge of the fountain. "First thing's first...Are you okay?"

"Hm? Yeah. Why wouldn't I be okay?"