Goodbye My Friend

It had been a week since Y/N and Rebecca had met. Y/N and Rebecca stood outside Rebecca's house after another date.

"I really enjoyed our lunch." Rebecca smiled.

Y/N grinned at Rebecca.

"As did I. You really know how to make a girl smile." Y/N complimented.

"I could say the same to you. I don't think I've been this happy since I got my first modelling job." Rebecca informed.

Y/N laughed.

"Well, I'm glad I can put a smile on your face. It makes you even more beautiful." Y/N stated.

The pair gazed into each other's eyes and began to lean in. Their lips were about to meet...

Suddenly, Y/N's phone began to ring. Y/N quickly pulled away.

"Sorry..." Y/N apologised as she pulled out her phone, seeing Kris's name light up her screen.

"I've got to take this." Y/N informed.

"It's fine. We can continue when you're finished." Rebecca smiled.

Y/N smirked, then answered her phone as she stepped away from Rebecca.

"Hey, Mom. What's wrong?" Y/N asked.

"Y/N, you need to get home now. Something's wrong with Max." Kris informed.

Y/N's facial expression changed as she adopted a more worried expression.

"What happened, Mom?" Y/N asked.

"I don't know. He was a bit wobbly on his feet yesterday, but I didn't think nothing of it because he's clumsy enough as it is. But just now, the kids were playing in the lounge and Max fell down the stairs. He can't get up, he can't move, he's just laying here crying. I've got an emergency appointment with the vet, but we need to get there asap. Also, you need to get Kendall, you know how much Max means to her too." Kris answered.

Y/N shook her head and held back her tears.

"Okay, Mom. I'll be there as soon as I can." Y/N stated.

Y/N hung up the phone and turned back to meet Rebecca.

"Everything okay?" Rebecca asked.

Y/N looked to Rebecca with a small smile.

"I have to go, I'm sorry." Y/N answered.

"Don't be sorry, I know how important family is to you. So, you do whatever you need to do, don't worry about me. I'll still be here, no matter what." Rebecca informed as she took Y/N's hands in hers.

Rebecca leaned in closer to Y/N and captured her lips with her.