Choices; Kaitlyn Liao - Space

Books; The Freshman (Series)

Summary; You (a writer) was in the zone, typing away for your next book when your girlfriend, Kaitlyn Liao finally had enough and want some attention.

Warning; Fluff.

---

The sound of the rapid yet soft taps against the keyboard could be heard, accompanied by the sound of drizzling rain outside of the apartment that filled the space.

Perfect moment to engulf yourself in your own bubble, feeling inspired of the sound of the rain, the smell of the rain - feeling snuggly warm in your pajamas despite the cold.

At times like this, you'd found yourself full of ideas and inspiration - you had to let it all out before it disappears.

Words after words, you typed in with ease. You were content in such environment while you worked your ideas out for your new book that you plan to publish soon.

You grinned when another sound filled the space. A soft sound from your girlfriend, comfortingly yet understandingly offered you peace to work in - strumming her guitar gently with her fingertips, humming a random melody.

You both were in your own world. But you were aware of her existence in the room, feeling comforted and content with her presence somewhere in the same space.

Kaitlyn was always a loud girl. That can't be still in everywhere she goes and in everything she does but she was honestly content being in the same space while you worked - and did her best to entertain herself while being quiet so that she doesn't disturb you.

That rocker girlfriend of yours doesn't last long, however. But hey, you were expecting her to last for half an hour before she approaches you but two hours is good enough for you to poured out your inspiration. You were content, satisfied.

You listened quietly to her movements, smiling to yourself when she stopped strumming, putting her guitar away. She was silent but you could honestly imagine her face right now, pouting - boredom finally hitting her. You could feel her gaze on you at the back of your head so you waited, saving your progress you did for two hours.

You glanced when she moved out of the bed, out of the room before she came back a few minutes later with a mug of a hot chocolate.

You waited with a knowing smile, pretending not to acknowledge her attempts when she put the mug on your desk.

"Thank you, cutie." You turned your head and kissed her cheek in gratitude - reaching out to sip on the warmth drink before turning your attention back to the screen.

Kaitlyn leaned down, wrapping her arms around your neck from behind. "How are you doing?" She put her chin on top of your head, squinting at the screen.

"Satisfying good." You answered, fingers were ready to type in more when she leaned down and reached out, intwinning your fingers with hers.

She wrapped you in another hug, with your hands in hers. She pretended to concentrate on the words on the screen, resting her cheek against yours.

You were very aware of her tactics now.

You grinned, trying to held in your laughter when she hummed, as if she was truly reading the words while she skimmed the page when she's not. "You approve?" You asked, teasing - bringing the interlaced hands to your lips, left a few pecks on her skin.

"Ahuh." She mumbled, discreetly saving the progress and close the tab. "Would you come to the bed now?" Kaitlyn moved her head and snuggled, buried her face in the crook of your neck.

There we go, you mused silently.

"I don't know, babe.." You trailed, wanting to tease her a little. "Too much idea. It would be a waste if I didn't write it now."

"But you need rest, baby. It's been hours." She mumbled, leaving kisses on your skin.

"You know how the inspiration kicks in when it's raining like this."

"Perfect for a cuddle, don't you think?" She tried. "Imagine, babe. The sound and the smell of the rain.. Drizzles of rain on the window. Us, snuggled on the bed with our arms around each other - watching some cringy zombies on the laptop, kissing and sipping hot chocolate..." She quieted down, "I need to write that for a song." She mumbled.

You burst out laughing. "Now the inspiration started to kicks in?" You teased.

Kaitlyn groaned, "That would be perfect for our new song." She huffed, "But I want snuggles right now, baby. Come on, tell me you're done, please?" She pouted, looking at you.

"You should write the lyrics down, Kaitlyn." You untangled your fingers from hers and spun your chair - causing her to pulled back from the embrace, to face her, looking up at her.

She moved to straddle you, wrapping her arms around your neck while you wrapped yours around her waist, to prevent her from falling. "I don't want to. I want you." She leaned to kiss you on the lips. "Will a kiss make you change your mind?" She asked but started to smile in mischief, eyes sparkling.

She didn't even wait to hear for your answer when she cupped your face and left you giggling with how many sloppy kisses she had put on your face.

"Okay okay, I surrender!" You giggled, trying to stop her. "Ohmygod." You panted, smiling at the victory grin on her face when she pulled back.

"Cuddle." She beamed with a cute expression her face.

Could you really believe this girl was in a rock band? This girl who enjoy watching cringy horror movies?

"Let me close the laptop first."

"I already saved it and close the tab." She reached out behind you and close the lid. "There we go. Come on." She quickly moved off you and pulled your hand.

She made you sit on the bed before she crawled, following you when you started to move up properly on the soft surface.

Cupping your cheek with one hand, she started to lean for a kiss. Titling your head, she deepened the kiss.

"I thought you wanted cuddle and zombies?" You breathed out between the kiss, trying to keep up the pace with your girlfriend.

She hummed distractedly, "Yeah.. But I want two hours worth of making out first." She said between the pecks.

"Get comfy then." You pulled her on your lap to make her comfortable, wrapping your arms around her waist.

It wasn't until a few moment later she started to move her lips to your neck, leaving butterfly kisses on your skin. It was heavy, until she started to slow down, leaving playful pecks on your lips.

You both was playing around, pushing and pulling back everytime your lips almost touch each other. Breathy giggles could be heard this time in the space.

"Alright." Kaitlyn gave one last kiss, lingering for a moment before pulling back softly - grinning when you scrunched up your nose at her kiss on your nose.

Leaning over to grab her laptop, you started to casually rubbing her hip - leaving some kisses on her clothed shoulder.

"Remember when you gave me that poster of us being zombies that were in love? Don't you think it would be dope if there's one movie of that so we could really watch it? I would give all brain for you if it's really us. Don't you think one of the girls would do that too?" She rambled while getting ready to play a movie on the screen.

You waited until she was next to you, pulling the blanket and draped it all over the both of you before answering. "No matter how sweet that is, that would still be disgusting to imagine, babe."

She snuggled closer to you, "Mmm, I love disgusting things, babe."

You grinned, wrapping your arms around her. "I know, babe."

This time, space isn't what you need after being content on your own for a few hours at the sight of how close you both snuggled in each other's arms.

Sound and smell of the rain, cozying under a warm blanket - sharing heat from each other's presence, being in the embrace of your favorite person while watching some cringy horror movies on this cool night...

What else could you ever ask for?

---