05

Just the week before, Jimmy had been at John's house because of some gunshots, and now, less than seven days later, because of a faulty gas pipe that had set his house on fire. Of course, John didn't answer him, even though they both knew only too well what had happened. And, of course, why. His past had caught up with him.

After all that had happened, it wasn't surprising that Jimmy reached for his cell phone; he didn't even have to look at the display as he punched in the number and let out a panting sigh as he lifted the device to his ear.

Thinking the day couldn't get any worse, Alice arrived at the Continental, checked in, and felt the vibration of her phone in her jacket as she walked upstairs. A little meeting with Winston, thanks to the new circumstances and the Tarasovs. Looking at the screen, she raised her eyebrows in surprise at the name and swiped her thumb across the screen to answer the call. An incredibly nice and kindhearted person, but when Jimmy answered, it usually meant nothing good.

Someone had set fire to John's house, Jimmy told Ce, and her eyes closed automatically. Why, why, why, she didn't know, at this moment, not yet, but that would change soon, because everything that concerned John ended at the Continental. Anyone looking for answers would find them at the Continental. Always.