08

There would come a day when Santino would regret many things in his life. And not just his stupid decisions. But for now, the Italian was lucky to have Winston and the rules of the Continental Hotel between him and John. Without Winston, Santino would have been dead a long time ago, no matter what the rules said. After all, it was not just the rules of the hotel, but also the rules of their community.

So John had no choice but to go to D'Antonio to find out what his job would be to settle the coin debt.

Jealousy and envy. There was no better way to describe Santino's behavior than to say that ordering the murder of his own sister, who had the place in the High Chamber that one would have liked to have had, was like pure envy. One small problem that might complicate matters was the fact that John and Gianna D'Antonio had been friends for many years.

But the fact that John hadn't thought any further than killing Gianna to be free made Alice doubt his sanity. Santino.

─⌖❖⌖─

While John was on his way to Rome, Alice wanted to make sure that John had one or two problems less when he got back. John might be John Wick, the Black Man, Baba Yaga, but he was still something else. A human being. Whenever John Wick was mentioned, it was often forgotten that behind the myth or the legend was an ordinary man.

With Boy at her side, as John called his dog, which was not a real name, Alice strolled through the streets of New York and opened the door of a police station.

"Hey, is Officer... uhm..." but Ce hesitated because only now, for the very first time, she noticed something that had never been important before, "... James... Jimmy stop. Last name, I have no idea. Is he in?"

"And who wants to know?" the clerk at the desk asked, looking at Alice skeptically just because of the dog next to her, "You know he has to wear a muzzle?"

"He doesn't have to do anything," Ce replied, shaking her head dismissively and snorting, because once again it was so typical to judge a dog based on its breed and not its character or temperament, "What's the problem with just checking if..."

"Let me guess?", just the voice Alice wanted to hear, "Is this about last night's fire? Faulty gas line, nothing more."

That's it? Good one.