11

First, John had to kill a long-time girlfriend, otherwise he would die himself, which must have caused him a lot of pain, and in the process he also had to realize that he was being fucked. Not really fucked, but just fucked away. Which he should have realized.

It must have been a hot time in Rome after the assassination of the head of the Camorra and one of the twelve members of the High Table.

Which brings us to the first 'mistake'. Talking about murder at this point, at least what was considered murder in the eyes of the general public, took on a different form in the case of Gianna. Anyone, absolutely any investigator, even a novice, would have realized at first glance that the shot in the head was only for a different purpose. Because no shot in the head produces that much blood. Also, a dead person can't slit his wrists. And second, because some would say that the shooter, John, slit her veins afterwards to make it look like a suicide attempt. Of course, he had time to do that. It was and always will be a suicide committed by Gianna D'Antonio.

So much for hired killers being intelligent.

But what the assignment showed, at least to the right people, was that Santino D'Antonio was extreme scum and relied only on his name and status.

As Winston recently told Perkins, you forfeited your membership in Continental by doing this on your own, which meant your life was forfeited, and now the same was true for D'Antonio.

Something the Italian knew, which is why he put a $7 million bounty on John Wick's head.

As if trying to save one from being killed by someone like John Wick would only prolong the process. Eventually... No, it wouldn't.