14

One bullet per million. A gun with seven bullets, thanks to the seven million dollar bounty, was handed to John by the Bowery King. Nothing more. After all, he was John Wick, and John Wick doesn't need more than seven bullets.

What? A. Motherfucker.

It didn't help, though, because the job was over, John was out of the Continental Hotel, and he was out for revenge. That was revenge. Not retribution. This isn't over until Santino is dead. No matter what it takes.

If John's Last Week and Days were a book, most readers would already know how it ends. Maybe not the exact story, but that it wouldn't have a happy ending. Likewise, many readers would wonder why John was so blind and did not see much coming? After all, he was Baba Yaga, the bogeyman, and was described as a killer in a bad way.

Perhaps the answer was simple. Less complex. Nothing that required thinking outside the box. So I guess the answer will disappoint many and leave some form of dissatisfaction.

Jonathan Wick.
John Wick.
Baba Yaga.
The Boogeyman.
Jardani Jovonovich.

The man, the myth, the legend, the person of whom many stories have been told. Behind it all was a man.

An ordinary man. Not a god.

Jonathan Wick was a man, and every one of us, without exception, every one of us lifted John Wick to the sky. Which made us forget that behind all the names, behind all the stories, behind all the deeds, there was no God.

Gods, according to history, are immortal; John was not.