15. Shatter

please, all i did was listen to some oldies music and watch avatar the last airbender afterward and i got into my feels😭😭 someone dry my tears

☆彡

"Take him to the basement."

Fredrick carried the burning hybrid on his back as (Y/n) hurried in front of him, slamming doors open, not wanting to waste any time. The worried hybrids followed behind, tails tucked in and ears flat on their heads.

"Basement?"

Namjoon steps forward, but the group is held behind by the housekeepers. They were afraid of the new feeling that was rising up in them. Not a single thought other than their brother not coming back. They all stood there not knowing what to do, feeling helpless and frozen.

(Y/n) looked back at them with sympathy, feeling apologetic of the risk she was about to take. Hurting her more than she thought it would have. It was bringing back a feeling she thought was long gone.

The three headed to a door at the far right side of the mansion, a door that hasn't been opened for quite a long time now. It went deep underground, no windows to be seen. A small lightbulb flickering at the other side. The eerie sound of silence.

(Y/n) opens a metal door, heavy, scratching the wooden floor as the woman put her full force on it. The room was dark, glowing cool-colored lights on the desks pressed on the wall. Cabinets filled with lab equipment and chemicals of all kind. A white fridge on the other side of the room, just near a large bookcase.

Letting the males walk in, she does the same to close the door.

"Place him on the bed", (Y/n) commands Fredrick.

The tall man grunts and gently places the hybrid slowly on the bed that was in the middle of the room.  

"I'm not getting any younger", he stretches his back.

(Y/n) apologizes and starts to put her white coat and surgical mask on, continuing to search through the cabinets and drawers for her equipment. She grabs liquids and tablets. She stops for a moment and removes the mask. She grabs a syringe and and a small cylinder container, walking up to the hybrid.

The hybrid opens his eyes, drowsy from the energy that is being consumed within him. He weakly looks at (y/n) and whimpers a bit.

(Y/n) crouches beside him and starts running her fingers through his hair.

"I'm only to get some blood, please trust me", she whispers to him, trying to ease his tension.

He closes his eyes shut and nods his head.

(Y/n) stands straight and has the syringe over his arm, hesitant. Her mind goes blank, vision blurring. Thoughts that were once gone now coming back to her again. She starts to shake and moves the tool away from the male.