Ch 2: Omit

I stare at the deviled eggs and steak laid out in front of me.

        "Yummy!" I yell, as my mom places the food beside me on the table I was doing my assignment on.

        "Don't waste any food, honey," My mom said before she left my room. My family had more money than a typical family in the high school I go to would have. I was working in my room to complete an assignment I forgot to do and was due today. Arther was gone when I woke up though. He was on the football team, he had to practice early in the mornings now. I could never understand why though, he's so skinny and weak, I always beat him in arm wrestles. He is good at punting the ball though, which is probably why the team didn't kick him off.

        I took a bite of my eggs. My mom put a seal on my assignment after I had finished. There was a new rule at my school saying that your parents had to put a specific seal on your assignment to show that you didn't cheat on it. Finals were coming up at my school, it would be hard, since I'm not that smart. The only subject I'm good at in school, is Science, which makes me a little better at math and some other subjects. My finals, whenever in History class, it seems like my grade turns to ash as my parents yell at me.

        This year I've studied extra hard so that my grades will rise so that I will have good enough grades so that I can apply for UA High School! I got up and got ready for school, certain that I would ace all of my finals.

        "Hey, (y/n)! Look, there are so many new filters on Snapchat!" My friend Lucy yelled across the hallway.

        "Hey, Lucy! Oh, yeah! I did see that. There are so many new ones!" I never really liked snapchat but, I went on it just for my friends sake. Her hair was the color of beeswax, short and yellow. She wants to apply to UA too and I'm sure she's going to make it in. She's smart and athletic.

        "Oye! You two! Get to class before you're late!" We heard a teacher holler from outside of her classroom. We speed-walked to class walking through the crowd of people that started to get smaller and smaller as we made our way to homeroom. My head twirled from the speed-walking, almost running. I wasn't used to being athletic, I can't even make a basketball in the hoop during gym class.

        Today in class we were going to go over everything about a flame, what atoms it is made of and how it reacts to certain things. This was really just a review of what we did last year, but it was still interesting.

        "The flame starts to look like a cone." Our science teacher said once she lit the flame up. Our science teacher was not very social but, when it came to teaching she was really good at it. I looked outside the window, bored because I already knew all of the material she was reviewing. The new billboard outside of our school parking lot was a cheesy ad for an insurance commercial.

        Out of the corner of my eye I could see Kumiko passing notes to Umiko and Miko , they always had some sort of secret to share. Then, if the teacher caught them, they would have to admit what the notes they were passing were about. The teacher grits her teeth hearing them giggle at the notes that were passed around. Our science teacher, Mrs. Hitako, has never gotten anyone in trouble for the sake of getting the class over with.

        "And behold! This is what happens when you hold a fire over a lit candle!" She said, She was wearing a chicken sweater on, if that was even allowed.

        "Make sure that you don't fumble when you try it yourself at home and send me a video, you will get burned." She warned. The bell rang loudly in our ears.

        "Oh, and class, before you leave! Make sure that you let a grown-up do the dangerous parts of your experiment when it comes to the fire, okay" She panted.

        "Yes, Mrs. Hitako!" The class said in unison, leaving for the next class. My next class was math, the gossip girls class was Japanese, which they sure do use a lot, and Lucy's class is History. Math class was right next to Science class, which was convenient for me.

        We were each given a packet that we had to finish by tomorrow and then after the packet we were going to have a final. The next question on the quiz was a cliff was x meters tall, the ocean underneath was 30 meters deep, the total meters the cliff and water are, are 50 meters, how many meters in the cliff?

        This was a really simple question, really, just a mix of integers and fractions combined in a math problem. Some people thought that this was silly, some sort of fifth or sixth grade question. I finished the question, the next question was about puppets and a puppeteer.

        After I finished the last problem on the math packet and turned it in, the bell ironically seemed to ring.

        I finished the rest of school and went to the pond to practice my quirk. I had to practice in order to actually practice for the entrance exam.

        I got to the pond, after a long walk and started to think of the atoms that make up water. Two Hydrogen and one oxygen, it's just a simple molecular bond compared to a fire bond.

        I moved the water from the pond, controlling all of the atoms, when I heard a noise in the bushes that broke my concentration.

        "I knew you would be here, you know you can't have little things like rustles in the bushes distract you," Arther, my twin brother said, avoiding the tree branches. I looked down to see the hem of my skirt all wet from dropping the water(BTW, her quirk is being able to control atoms).

        "It's Monday, shouldn't you be in after school practice?" I asked, sounding a little rude, I looked like I peed my pants or I slept and ended up getting drool on my skirt. I waited for Arther's response.

       "We got let out early because one of our players got an injury and we couldn't practice without them," He replied.

        I knew who that teammates were, he had an illness that wouldn't let him live until high school unless somebody gives him life saving surgery. Arther played with his brass necklace he got from grandma.

        "So, are you practicing your quirk, I already got mine all figured out," He bragged

        "Of course, I'm practicing my quirk, you know that I'm not good at it, the only time I have been able to use it properly was when I first got it," I smirked making Arther look away in disgust. When I looked at his hair, it reminded me of the candle that Mrs. Hitako used in her example during class.

       I saw a little grub bug crawling on my leg.

       "AAAA" I screamed causing some birds to fly out of the nearby trees. I ran into Arthers' arms screaming, he flicked the tiny insect off of my leg.

       "You have to understand that you have to stop being such a scaredy-cat" Arther advised. He left the pond area when he left the pond area.