Ch 3: Gates

The rest of the school year went by pretty quickly, finals were easy and I even made some more friends. But, I was scared out of my mind about passing the entrance exam for UA. I've been practicing everyday after school and on weekends at the pond. My skills have improved. It's just that I'm scared for the entrance exam we might need to use water, instead of iron or even some noble gases.

        Last year the entrance exam had been in a city and the qualifiers had to take down robots. This year it could be totally different. The last day of school is a half day, so I will be able to practice with my quirk. Even if I manage to get into UA High, how will I deal with the other people there?

        Arther has decided that he wants to try out for the UA entrance exam which I'm sure he'll get into.

        Today, after school, the last day of school, I brought Lucy to the pond with me. Her quirk,         radiation, was very powerful and useful. She could make any radiation more powerful than visible light. Her and Arther's quirk were practically the same except Arther Could control more. Arther could control anything that didn't have mass. Such as, forces, radiation, darkness, and light.

        The pond was blooming with life since it was the end of the school year. My last year of middle school. Still, I will train and not celebrate so that I can pass the entrance exam.

        Lucy came home with me tonight, she was going to have a sleepover with me. We were going to train with each other for most of the summer before the entrance exam.

        Night of the sleepover

        "So, (y/n) what are we going to work tomorrow?" Lucy asked.

        "I think I should work on trying to block out your radiation, '' I replied. Blocking out radiation meant that I would have to practice making a force field completely surrounding myself with lead. LED is poisonous to humans which also meant that I would have to make another lair if something else to protect myself. I couldn't make water because that would just fall on me since my concentration levels are low.

       She showered me with a blast of UV rays and I protected myself with led surrounding the inner part of the force field with iron. Iron was hard to make since there were more atoms involved in it than say with water.

        Once the attacks were over, I destroyed the forcefield I had created. I was so tired out, using my quirk took a lot of energy depending on what I was making.

        "I...I think we should go home now." I panted.

        "But, we only just started!" Lucy exclaimed, soon realizing how tired I am.

        She nodded softly, we walked into my house from the backyard and she started unpacking her bag.

        "You guys, do you want to hang out with me?" My little sister said, who is five. She was adopted by my parents because they felt that they wanted to do something good for the world.

        "I think we're a little tired," Lucy convinced her.

        "Then can I hang out with you guys?" She said smiling, hoping we would say yes. I nodded, my little sister was just too cute to ignore. When she hangs out with me and Lucy, she just sits and listens, never causing us any trouble. She's considerate and honest, which are two of her many great qualities.

        "Yay!" My little sister, whose name was Ahgiho, sat next to us.

        "So, what are you thinking of doing tomorrow for training?" Lucy asked. I looked at the periodic table on my wall. I looked at number 10 on my poster.