Ch 10: Inner Conflict

Physically, I've been doing great, my bodies healed up completely, there aren't even any scars left over from the glass. But, I've thought a lot about what my partner, Bakugo, said, and what he was trying to say. Even though the way he says things are brutal and angry, he means well, in his own way.

        I thought about him more, my heart started to beat faster than normal. I thought maybe one of my wounds somehow reopened and I went to the bathroom. I saw the beaver girl doing her makeup and staring at herself closely in the mirror. I tried to ignore her, but she seemed very eager to talk to someone.

        Her quirk allowed her to turn into any animal that she's seen and studied before. Her family has money, so they took her to every zoo that they could find on the internet before she turned fourteen.

        "Hey," I said.

        "Oh, hey," Badger girl said, "You can just call me Ariela, that's what my friends in America call me. The first time I used my quirk with them, I turned into a fish."

        "Oh, I see," I responded to Ariela.

        Friends in America? They must've run out of zoos to take her to.

        Ariela's mood started to lighten up after talking to me for a while.

        "So, what's up? Like why are you here in the bathroom?" Did she see that something was up?

        "It's nothing really, I just feel a little strange is all," I say examining the pain in my heart a little more.

        "C'mon! Somethings gotta be going on! A girl doesn't just go to the bathroom to talk to me!" She says impatiently.

        Should I tell her? There's really no harm if I do right?

        "My heart," I say, my voice trailing off.

       "What about it?" She asks

        "It hurts sometimes, but only when I think about..." I didn't know if I should continue.

       "When you think about what?"

       "My partner, Bakugo..." I felt embarrassed, the more I looked at my situation, the more it seemed like I was falling in love. I thought about the way he carried me to the nurses office when I felt sick.

        I looked at myself again in the mirror.

        "Woah, your face is getting really red!" She spots out. I had never blushed this much in my life!

        "I know what's happening! You're falling in love! If you haven't already!" She laughs, maybe she was right, maybe I was falling in love.

          I go back to my room and look up Bakugo on instagram. All of the things about him was about how he acted during the Festival, how he got kidnapped, or...

          How hot he is?! Oh man, so many people have a crush on him, he's like a British celebrity. I looked at the pictures people ended up snapping of him while he wasn't looking. He was so, so hot!

        Ok, calm down girl, I promised myself when I was younger that I would never become completely obsessed with a boy. Should I tell him? The next time I see him, I'm sure he'll figure out. He's not stupid, he'll probably look at how much I'm blushing and know. What would he say if he knows?

        "You're supposed to be a hero, not obsessed with me!" I yell, imitating Bakugo. I look in the mirror at my fake angry face and laugh. I'll just go with the flow, what could go wrong? He's going to have to figure it out eventually.