Ch 4:Entrance Exam Part Two

Sora flew up to the ceiling as high as he could go until he couldn't go any higher than he was. He looked down upon me, certain that he was going to win. But, unfortunately for him, I wasn't going down without putting up a good fight. In the end, the person with the best fighting technique will be the winner.

        I've been training harder than I could've ever thought I could train over this long, pain-filled summer. I feel ready for this.

        "I'm not going down without putting up a good fight," I proudly say.

        "Let's see about that!" Sora smirked.

        I could tell, one day in the future, we would be friendly rivals.

        Sora started to dive towards me, at speeds I could never calculate. His claws reached out towards me, ready to pierce through my skin. Before, I could think, I was already on the floor holding my arm for dear life as pain surged through my entire body. I had to make a plan so that he couldn't hurt me any more, I had to stand up for myself.

        "I thought you said that you weren't going down without a fight, how's that going?" He cawed, filling me with anger. If only I could remember what proteins that heal your arm are made out of, then I could heal myself and continue to fight. For now, I would have to make a bandage out of cloth to keep my wound from getting infected.

        "It's going fine, actually, I got you right where I want you!" I yell, trying to intimidate him, while I think of a plan.

        "Oh, really, how?" He asked, seeing right through my temporary plan. For now, I would have to think of how to use the object that I got to fight with. Sora had thrown his off of the battle ring, thinking he wouldn't need it, how wrong he was. He had a balloon, while I have something perfect for this fight, a science textbook. For him, this might not even seem like a threat, if I threw it at him, he could easily tear it apart with his sharp claws. But, for me, this had all of the answers I was looking for.

        "Why don't you use that useless textbook, maybe it could teach you how to fight!" Sora suggested ruefully. At that moment, I flipped to the part of the book that explained everything about atoms. This was all I needed to take this victory away from him!

        I read the couple of lines that I needed to, filling me with information that I could use endlessly, time and time again, against many formidable opponents.

        "Karbon Qazi Partlayis!" I yelled, confusing him and the rest of the crowd, he probably thought it was stupid, until, a few moments later, his face started turning red.

        "Wh...What's happening?" He wheezed. Little did he know that I replaced all of his oxygen that he was breathing in for carbon dioxide. Soon, he will faint, and, when he does, I will have won the challenge. Of course, Once he faints, I will stop using my quirk against him so it doesn't cause any permanent damage.

        Sora, out of one last stand, lashed out at me as much as he could, luckily for me, his movements started to slow down and I could dodge them just in time not to get injured any more. Soon enough, he fainted, leaving me with the win of pair three.

        "And the winner is...(y/n)!" Midnight announced. Once we are done fighting, we are allowed to go home and wait before the results come in in a week.

        Sora woke up a few seconds after the announcement of the winner. Once you get enough oxygen back into your lungs and body, you instantly wake up.

        "Guess I lost, huh," He realized, stumbling, getting up. He smiled, realizing his defeat.

Soras POV

        Man, I could've used the balloon to supply myself with oxygen while she gave out her carbon dioxide attack. She used her resources, and out-smarted the opponent, like a real hero. She'll be one of the best, I just know it.

(y/n)'s POV

        I went home, leaving Lucy and Arther behind. Lucy and Arther had been in group 4 of the 5 in the entrance exam. Walking home, I kept noticing the differences between the suburbs and the city. For one, there are more people, some scary, some friendly. While I'm in the city, I know that I will have to watch for street criminals and villains but, with the help of UA's training, I know that I can protect myself and others. That is my goal, to save as many people as I can, all while keeping myself safe as well.

Bakugou's POV

        That girls fighting tactics were terrible. All I wanted to see was one good person who could fight. The bird boy should've won, he had good technique and was confident in himself. What the match really came down to was who had the stronger quirk, which was that atom girl with the textbook. Damn, I don't even remember her name, I mean, why should I? She's a hopeless extra just like the rest of them.

(y/n)'s POV

        "I heard that some of the people in class 1-A were watching!"I heard a familiar voice pant behind me.

        Lucy was covered in sweat, either it was from the fight, or running an entire mile to catch up to me, even in the busy streets. Even if I didn't get into UA, there are a ton of other schools that I can apply to after the results come in.

        "Hey! Guys! Wait up!" I heard my brother yell, seeming to not be phased at all from running a mile to catch up with us. I mean, he was on the middle school football(Soccer) team. Running shouldn't bother him.

        When I get home, I need to tend to my wound before I end up doing something else to it. The last thing I want is getting an infected wound before UA high starts, that's IF I get in, of course.

        Walking home, the three of us were all tired from fighting the other contendants during the entrance exam. Until the results get back, Lucy would be staying with us. If her results say that she has gotten into UA, she will immediately be transferred into the UA dorm rooms. If not, her mom will pick her up and take her back home to prepare for another entrance exam for another school.

        "My opponent was so easy to beat! Her quirk was making plants grow, but that's only if she has seeds to grow. I beat him in like a second!" Arther Bragged.

        While Arther bragged to my mom about his easy win, me and Lucy crashed in our beds and slept until the next morning.