Freak And Shape-shifter

Skyler's P.O.V

"Wolfsbane. It means they're gonna kill him." I heard Stiles say.

I turned the corner folding my arms across my chest standing directly in front of him. He yelled dramatically almost dropping his phone making me laugh.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"I'm helping you get Isaac back," I replied with a shrug.

"Wha—how do you even...why?!"

He could barely make out any words because his hand was still on his heart trying to get back his pulse from the jump scare I gave him.

My face isn't that scary.

"I have my reasons," I said and then Stiles looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well, you can easily get to the Sheriff station without me," Stiles said and I sighed looking down. "Unless you wanted to wait for me."

He laughed and I rolled my eyes sho
ving him. "No...I was..." Yeah, I had no answer or a lie to cover up. "Just shut up and let's go."

I heard Stiles mutter something under his breath with a small grin on his face.

I ignored him and jumped into the jeep. But I couldn't ignore the shit-eating grin on his face. Not even for the greater good.

"What?" I questioned.

"Nothing," he was still grinning as he started the engine. "It's just that...you need me."

I scoffed. That is so not true! Where the hell did he get that idea from?! No seriously, where?!

"No I don't!" I objected trying to defend my honour.

"Yeah, you do. You need me as much as I need you." And as soon as he spoke the air became thick with tension and he'd realised what he'd said. "Which I don't."

"And neither do I," I confirmed and he was silently agreeing.

"Right. Because that was would be like totally stupid, and weird and awkward. As if I need you!" He pointed at me like I was nothing.

So I did the same. Easy fix. "And as if I need you!"

The air just became thicker when it went silent. I swallowed the lump in my throat that only cause a knot of nervousness in my stomach.

"So it's agreed we don't need each other ?" I asked holding out my hand.

A second passed by before he shook it. "Agreed."

༄༄

I groaned lowly staring up at the moon.

God I know getting scratched and all was supposed to be hard but Jesus this felt horrible.

I felt like I was burning. I swear every time I looked down at my hands and they almost looked as if they were on fire.

I squinted my eyes trying to get myself back to the reality that hopefully, I wasn't going insane. I peered back at them and saw that they were completely normal.

"Hey, are you okay?" Stiles asked glancing at me and back at the road.

I nodded and wiped the sweat off my forehead looking back up at the full moon. I'm pretty sure it wasn't this hard for Scott.