One Of Them And Restraint

Skyler's P.O.V

I sighed following Allison up to her room. We both stopped and jumped when we saw Lydia sat on the bed.

"Holy crap! Couldn't you think of another way to do that in a less creepy way?!" I yelled and Lydia just looked up at the both of us.

"I've been sitting here for an hour, waiting for you."

"We can't hang out right now, Lydia." Allison said and Lydia scoffed looking impatient.

"I don't need anyone to hang out with. I need someone to talk to." She replied.

"Yeah well apparently we all do, but if it can just wait-"

"Why is everyone always telling me to wait? Why can't anyone have right now available?" She complained and I watched as Allison started to get annoyed.

"Because you can't have everything right now!" She scolded.

Damn, that was a bit harsh.

Jesus, and if that's coming from me when talking about Lydia you know it's wrong.

"You know what I need? I need someone to translate five pages of archaic Latin. Obviously, that's not gonna happen anytime soon."

"I know archaic Latin." Lydia and I said in unison. That's the language it was in! Latin?!

You know instead of not telling me I could've actually helped.

"You both know archaic Latin?" Allison asked not believing us and we both nodded.

"I got bored with classical Latin." Lydia nodded.

"And French was becoming too easy." I shrugged my shoulders and I saw a smile coming across Allison's face.

"Just how smart are you two?" She asked and I scoffed.

"Just show us the pages."

Allison opened the laptop up on her desk and Lydia took the chair.

"You never told me you knew Archaic Latin!" She whispered pulling me to one side.

"You never even showed me the bestiary!" I whispered back and then we both sighed and went back to Lydia.

I bent down next to her and while we both worked on translating it together Allison stood in the back watching us type.

It's a miracle that we were getting along. A serious miracle.

Once we finished translating I read through it aloud. Something didn't seem right.

"Are you sure? Ms Morrell said that word means 'friend.' 'The Kanima seeks a friend'." Allison asked and we both shook our heads.

"She was wrong. It means 'master.'

"The Kanima seeks a master." I repeated and looked up at Allison.

"Why? Is that important?" Lydia asked.

"Yeah." Allison sighed. "Someone's not protecting him. Someone's controlling him."

I felt my phone starting to go off again and I took it out of my back pocket and saw about thousands of texts from my dad.

To say he was mad was an understatement.

"Holy shit I gotta go. Like now." I said and looked over at Allison. "Give me a ride to the station?"

༄༄

I walked through the station and things seemed awfully quiet. Like really quiet.

I saw everyone gathered in the interrogation room and by everyone I mean Scott, Stiles, Melissa, Sheriff, Jackson's Father and Dad.