Not Caring And Ice Pick

Skyler's P.O.V

I sighed scrolling through the messages on my phone to see if Scott or Stiles or even my dad had texted.

I hate surprises. Why? Because they suck. I mean why can't people just tell you straight up that you have something planned instead of being annoying.

What if I'm going to be killed tonight? What if that's my surprise. Never mind, if they wanted to kill me they would've done it a lot earlier.

I swung my legs over Allison's bed while looking over at Lydia who was taking about five-thousand selfies.

I wonder what's really going through her mind all of the time.

"Hey, Sky. Why don't you take a picture with me?" Lydia points her camera at me and I laugh as if she's joking. She is kidding, right?

"I'd rather burn in hell than take..." I looked over at her phone that she was now pointing towards her face again. "That."

"Well I need a picture and I barely have any of you. It needs to be perfect." Lydia said but that was until Argent entered the room looking at both me and Allison.

"Headed out?" He asked and Allison sighed looking at me and then back at Argent.

"Studying."

He nodded over at Allison and she groaned making her way over to him. "You too, Skyler?"

I furrowed my eyebrows getting off the bed and walked over to Allison and Chris leaning against the wall. Guess being part of the family actually means being part of the family.

"Just studying Dad." Allison sighed keeping her voice low because Lydia was three feet away from us.

"I get it. But we need you two to remember what happened." Argent said looking at the both of us.

I scoffed in annoyance looking at him. "Not that I care, but you want us to stop being friends with her?"

"Actually as a matter of fact we want the opposite," Argent said and I furrowed my eyebrows. This gets more confusing by the minute. "We need you to keep an eye on her."

"So you want us to spy on her?" I asked and Argent shook his head again.

"I want you to look out for your friend. See if everything's okay." Argent stated and I heard Lydia's camera go off again so we all turned round to face her.

"She seems okay to me." Allison grinned looking over at Lydia and he raised his eyebrows letting us go.

But before he did he added one more thing. "Oh and Skyler." He looked over at me a surprised and proud look on his face. "Good tactic. It was a smart decision."

Being an Argent sucks. But being a good one sucks slightly less.

༄༄

I followed behind Stiles who opened the Ice rink. Behind us were Allison and Lydia and Scott waiting at the door.

Stiles switched on the lights and I couldn't help but grin while looking at the rink. I was glad I dropped the whole annual skating thing when Mom died but it was kinda nice being back.

"Your smiling. That's new." Stiles said from behind me making me execute my thoughts.

I turned around and stopped grinning. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh come on Skyler. For once can't you just stop giving yourself a hard time and admit that you might actually enjoy something." Stiles tried and I raised my eyebrows impressed his speech.