Chapter 3

It was Sunday and Maya was just busy packing all of her stuff back in her suitcase.
The weekend has been way too long for her liking since she just wanted to go back to her mom.
Which was very weird for her.
She wasn't someone who was a big mommy's girl and now all she wanted to do was to go to her mom.
As she didn't want anyone to know what is really going on with her mom she just layed low for theast few hours since she found out but she didn't want to tell many people.
Although it didn't help much that her crush did know about it.

"You made of steel or something?" Josh asked and Maya smiled as he sat down.
"I've done enough crying for the weekend," Maya said.
"You're actually taking it pretty okay. I've seen worse. What I actually meant was are you okay," Josh said and Maya shrugged her shoulders up.
"Maya," Josh said as he pulled her down sitting down next to him.
"Why are you trying to pretend?" Josh asked.

Maya closed her eyes to prevent her tears from falling which did help.
She exhaled as she opened them again.
She looked at Josh as she took a breathe.
She had no idea what to tell him but she knew she had to say something.
The only question was what.

"You know what, somehow the weekend wasn't as bad as I thought," Josh said trying to cheer her up.
"When are you telling her?" Josh asked clearly talking about his niece but Maya just shook her head as a lost tear rolled over her cheek.
"I can't," Maya said as Josh wiped away her tear with his thumb causing her to look at him.
"Well, whatever you decide I'm glad you trusted me," Josh said and Maya nod.
"I'll always trust you. Another Matthews thing possibly," Maya said as Josh pulled her close.
"Perhaps," Josh said.