Chapter 7

Three weeks later and it's Thanksgiving morning.
The court case has finally gone away with everything else that had bothered Maya except for the one little thing.
Joshua Matthews.
She knew she was going to allow herself to get the idea in her head that she should actually do something more but what?
She has gotten hurt so many times before that it is hard to figure out how to fully handle everything.
Maya got dressed that morning and went outside her room finding her mother busy with something.

Maya's outfit

"Mom? Why you here?" Maya asked

"I'm going with you to the Matthews. Your my daughter. I can't allow other people to raise you. Especially now that your father can't get his hands on you," Katy said and Maya sighed.
"I have to go every second weekend to him when he is in town. So I'll anyway see him. It will be nice having you there. Am I okay? Do I look okay?" Maya asked.
"You look beautiful, Baby Girl. Why don't we get a head start?" Katy asked and they were off.

~

Later the evening and to everyone's surprise there were a lot of people.
They were ten people along with Katy and it was very unsure why she even did join the party.
It was actually pretty unsure why Maya was acting very odd.
The door bell rings and Cory answers immediately showing it is his brother and Shawn.

"Is the entire fam here?" Shawn asked.
"Behave yourself. Katy, you remember Shawn," Cory said.
"Of course I do," Katy said.
"Josh, this is Maya's mother, Katy. This is my brother, Josh," Cory said.
"I know who he is. I have heard a lot about you from my daughter. She's really lucky to have a guy like you in her life," Katy said.
"I'm actually the lucky one, Mrs Hart. Having Maya in your life is already a bonus," Josh said causing Maya to smile.
"Mind if I talk to you?" Maya asked and Josh nod allowing Maya to pull him aside into a corner.

"Thank you," Maya said.
"For what?" Josh asked laughing.
"Everything. For just being here," Maya said.
"Anytime. You maybe do have to tell them before your..."

"What!" Riley yelled and Maya knew something was going on.
"Your father sued for full custody," Riley said and Maya sighed.