Chapter 9

It was a week later and now everyone was trying to figure our how Riley's fourteenth birthday would play off.
Maya still hasn't entirely been sure what is going to happen next while it seemed pretty sure that everything else was going to fall apart.
The Matthews were still pretty cross at her for not telling them that her father tried to take her away while it seemed sure that Josh was starting to feel more than he told everyone he felt.
But yet again wasn't she sure because ehe does have the tendency to hide just about everything from her.
It was a Saturday afternoon and Maya wa straying to get caught up with some homework which she didn't complete the previous day when she heard a knock on the door.

"It's open," Maya said.
"Not smart leaving your door unlocked," Josh said and Maya smiles.
"Doesn't actually matter. Whoever wants to can they me away," Maya said causing Josh to laugh.
"Why are you here alone? I thought your mother would try and spend some time with you since it came so close to losing you," Josh said as he sat down next to Maya.
"Goodness knows what my mother is thinking. She and Shawn Hunter are these days more talkative then she and I ever were so..." Maya said as she continued to write on the paper.

"Okay," Josh said as he took the pencil out of her hand.
"Talk to me. What is bothering you?" Josh asked and Maya sighed.
"Nothing much," Maya said as she stood up but got dragged back down.
"Maya, stop hiding," Josh said.
"Isn't that what I do best?" Maya asked and Josh shook his head.
"No. This isn't like you at all," Josh said.

Maya rolls her eyes as she lightly shakes her head.
Of course he would say that but he hasn't even been here for awhile.
He doesn't even know the first thing about her now he wants to say he understands how she usually is.

" You don't know the first thing about me," Maya said.
"I know more than enough about you to know for a fact that this isn't it," Josh said as he took Maya's hand.
"Maya, you're not yourself. And no. Being you isn't being irritating or flirtatious. Being you is you being sweet and kind even a bit funny. This isn't you and I know it," Josh said as Maya smiled at his words.
"Thank you. Thank you for caring. I need to figure something out. Which of course includes you," Maya said and Josh laughed.
"Count me out," Josh said.