08

"Your telling me you've never cut school? Ever?"

The pair were currently on their way to La Push beach as they sat comfortably in Paul's truck. Elsa had never been the rebellious type. She always was in school, always handed her homework in on time, never missed a test. But somehow Paul had managed to get her to ditch class in a mere minute.

"No! I never have." Elsa emphasised dramatically, a laugh escaping her lips.

"Well I'm honoured to be your first." Paul smirked.

"We can't all be a bad boy like you." Elsa teased playfully.

"Elsa Richie you wound me. You think I'm a bad boy?"

"Well, um. Aren't you?" Elsa knew Paul's reputation preceded him, but he had never been like that with her, he had always been kind and respectful. But he ignited something in Elsa that she didn't want to let go off. For the first time in what seemed like forever, Elsa felt like she was living.

"Maybe." Paul chuckled airly. "Does that make you the good girl who he makes fall him madly in love him?"

Elsa sucked in a breath. Paul's words were teasing, but the way he looked at her with a smile on his face suggested a slight honesty. She really could not figure this boy out.

"Shouldn't you invite me to dinner first?" Elsa teased, with a smile.

"Oh all in good time Miss Richie." Paul smirked, turning onto the track which lead to the beach.

Once out of the truck, Paul grabbed Elsa's hand hesitantly. Lacing her fingers through his, Elsa squeezed gently which Paul returned.

Elsa looked up to find Paul looking down at her with a smile. "C'mon." He tugged gently, nodding towards the beach.

••

Hours flew by like minutes when the two of them were together. The entire time they had simply walked and talked along the beach front.

They talked about how Elsa loved to play piano, with Paul demanding that she played for him sometime. They laughed when the cold water hit Elsa's feet causing her to squeal. They watched as the sunset over the horizon, Elsa explaining to Paul that she loved watching how the sun disappeared into the ocean. She spoke wistfully as she said it was the most beautiful thing she'd ever see. For Paul, the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen was in front of him, but it wasn't the sunset.

"I should probably get you back, and stopping stealing you all for myself." Paul chuckled lightly.

"If you were stealing me that would be kidnapping, we've discussed this." Elsa reminded the boy. He smiled in response.