10

Over a week had passed since the incident with Laurent and Elsa was pretty much back to her normal self

Over a week had passed since the incident with Laurent and Elsa was pretty much back to her normal self. Paul had been over almost every day and after a week off of school, it was nice to be back into a routine again.

Elsa currently sat next to Paul in his truck as he drove her back from school. Laying her head comfortably on his shoulder, she watched his gaze flicked to hers, to the road and back.

"What?" He asked chuckling.

"Nothing." She mumbled, smiling gently.

"Nothing huh?"

Elsa shook her head, giggling as they pulled into what she presumed to be Paul's home.

"We're not going to Emily's?"

Paul shook his head as he helped her out of the truck. "Nope, I wanted some time with you without Jared stealing you away." In the last week Paul had introduced Elsa to all his friends. Jared she knew from school, Sam and his lovely fiancé Emily, and lastly Embry. However Embry confused her a little as she already met with Jacob, and yet now suddenly he was friends Paul. She was too shy to ask why.

Walking to Paul's home, it wasn't what she expected. It was empty to start with, only the presence of Paul being shown around the house. His jackets hanging up, his school books on the table. But it was homely. Around the same size as Aaron's smaller home, it felt cozy and warm. It was inviting, quite like Paul.

"My dad's out of town," Paul noted, as if sensing her confusion. "Well, he only shows up every few months looking for more money, so whatever you call that, that's where he is."

Elsa frowned, reaching for his hand and squeezing it. "I'm sorry."

Paul smiled gently, kissing her head gently before guiding her to the stairs gently. "You have nothing to be sorry about darling."

••

Sitting comfortably on his bed, she watched Paul bustle about in his room. It was a lot tidier than she expected it to be. A simple bed, wardrobe and desk. No posters on the wall, no photos, nothing. All so plain.

"Paul?"

"Yes sweetheart." Paul turned, moving to sit beside his imprint on the bed.

Elsa looked away nervously before asking gently, "Where are all the photos?"

Paul was surprised by her question. His eyes widened a fraction as he stumbled over an answer.

"Um—"

"That was so rude I shouldn't have asked—"

"No!" Paul interrupted, his hand gently turning her face back to his own, "You can ask me anything you want Els. Always."

Elsa nodded in response, a small smile tugging at her lips.

"To answer your question. I guess I haven't really had any photos to put up. My Mom and Dad split when I was eleven and I moved here with dad while Mom stayed in Tacoma. Dad's an alcoholic, hasn't been around my entire life so it's always just been me. There's never been anyone to want to have photos with, to make memories with." Elsa watched as Paul looked away for a brief second before meeting her gaze again. "That was... until you."