Eleven

"So how did you two meet. " Cassidy said excitedly

"Moment of weakness " I answered.

"Online," Timothy answered at the same time as me.

Cassidy let out a laugh at our answers as we glanced at each other. Timothy smiled at me and I let out a tiny laugh.

Then she continued with a bright unfazed smile "So how has married life been? John said you didn't come to school the first weeks because you guys were on your honeymoon."

Cassidy was one of my friends from college. Jules was my best friend but Cassidy was fun and your go-to for all the cool places and fun parties. John, on the other hand, didn't exactly do much socializing but he was part of the clique nonetheless. Ever since I showed up to my lectures two weeks late and not really ready to learn all my friends were swarming me with questions. Jules had told them I got married and I was absent because I was on my honeymoon. Who does that? Anyway, it was going well.  I liked my friends and I had missed them so Cassidy had organized a movie night.

We were all going to go to the cinema to watch birds of prey. But because Timothy was excited to meet my friends we had arrived thirty minutes early. And now here we were eating supper and hanging out with Cassidy's questions. Not fun.  I would have opted to stay and go around breaking into Todd's apartment but Timothy thought it wasn't time, yet. And somehow this movie was great destruction. When did I even start letting him make decisions for us?

"He did?" I said laughing a little at the absurdity of people thinking I was out hiking on my honeymoon.

I mean I had gone hiking but still. John had sent me texts asking about my paragliding and mountain climbing adventures. Questions I did not understand at first because I kept on wondering why was he even curious. Okay, maybe I was just slightly irritated at the time. I mean if these guys had asked me those questions after I had done the stuff I would have been excited to talk about it.  But here we were. 

Timothy placed his hand on my mine before leaning in and beckoning Cassidy with his two fingers he whispered. "I know Eric doesn't look like it but he is an insatiable kinky freak. "

"Oh, my goodness. " Cassidy said face turning red to match how I felt.

"Timothy!" I exclaimed wondering what had prompted that.

"what?" He asked innocently staring at me. "She wanted to know how the honeymoon was, Babe."

"Sorry, Cassy he gets a bit rilled up in public. " I answered with a straight face. Two could play his game. I was not going to get embarrassed alone on this table.

Timothy chocked on his drink as he looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"What Babe? I was just apologising for your indecent remarks." I said innocently ignoring his pointed glare.

"You guys must really be enjoying married life, huh? " Cassidy said making both Timothy and I blush.  Because regardless of all the talk all we had done so far was kiss and almost make out, twice.

I placed my glass to my lips and mumbled an incoherent 'mmm huh'.

"I can't wait until I find someone who makes me happy like you guys make each other happy." She said glancing at her phone.

I looked at Timothy who was now looking at me with a weird affectionate look on his face. I bumped his leg from under the table then smiled at him. Was he really making me happy? I hadn't thought about it. I mean when you are broke jobless and have school problems thoughts about happiness didn't exactly float in one's head.

"The other guys are here, we should go to the movie now. "  Cassidy said standing up.

I stood up and followed behind her but not before holding Timothy's hand. This was turning out to be a pretty okay Marriage.

Just before we entered the cinema Jules stopped me. And told Timothy to save us seats while she 'talked' to me. That was never good.

"You two seem to be getting along." She said directing me back to the snack bar.

"Yeah, you know that. You live with us." I said rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, I do but I don't know how far your bond or whatever is..." She said vaguely not making sense at all.

"We get along the same way two planes that make the right angle get along. Only a small part of us is connected." I said picking out candy and popcorn.

"Accurate but terrible example." She said shaking her head.

"I have no regrets," I said staring at her. "Come on the movie is probably starting now."