✨Chapter dos✨

I could hear cheers and wolf-whistling as I was caught, I looked up at the person that caught me. Cedric Diggory. I felt myself smile, then I caught a glimpse of Pansy, and my smile quickly turned to a look of disgust as I freed myself from his grip.

I lifted my chin and held my head high while I looked towards him once I knew Parkinson and Greengrass were behind me, a chin lift was a clear sign of disrespect in Hogwarts terminology, especially if it was towards a Hufflepuff.

"Never, and I mean never touch me again Diggory." I felt my voice growl as sorrow grew in his eyes, maybe I hurt his feelings. But being nice doesn't keep your reputation high, maybe if you're a Hufflepuff, Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, but definitely not if you were in Slytherin. Parkinson and Greengrass nodded their heads, crossing their arms almost as if they were in sync.

"Did you not hear us Diggory? Leave, we don't want to be blind by the time we start our lessons." Pansy said looking him up and down, I had to admit, she was quick on her feet. Awkwardly, he left, a group of Hufflepuff girls following him.

I sat down in the compartment I previously entered, I was followed by what everyone called, my 'followers', soon to be followed by Draco and his 'followers'. Small talk began, and eventually Theo asked me a question directly.

"What was that scene with you and Diggory boy earlier?"

"I fell Nott, I would never accept nor want a blood traitor touching me. Honestly, how stupid are you?" I said to him as though it was obvious, but when he heard the last part, he went off.

"Just because you were top of the classes last year Jones, doesn't mean you're the smartest here."

"Does it not? Because I think it does." clearly, he was done with me, because he stood up and raised his wand to my neck, mumbling curses that he'd use on me. Draco tried to pull him off, but he wouldn't budge, he was set on cursing me.

Pansy's scream went through me, she screamed for help maybe? Or maybe for the fact of just screaming for attention, but surely someone came. Who came? Cedric Diggory of course.

Dramatic gasps were heard while we belted out with laughter, the stupid blood-traitor had actually thought I was in danger.

"You can go now." I said to him as he looked up at me, confusion struck his face. As he got up he received a lot of kicks from us,

"Blood traitor." Draco mumbled under his breath, making us all laugh.

*

The hot steam puffed once again, making me choke and slam the window shut. I knew the last puff was the warning for getting changed,

"I'm going to get changed." I told them as I grabbed my robes from my trunk.

I stood in front of a mirror, slowly turning my face with my thumb, looking at every imperfection, every dint, every small spot on my face. I slammed my hands down onto the sink, making a crack in it, I watched as a single tear rolled down my 'perfect' face, everyone saw it as beauty, as perfection, everyone I knew aspired to have my clear skin, and all I wanted was to get rid of it.

I always wondered how they all did it, how they dealt with their beauty and popularity, I was with Pansy and Daphne every minute. They never shed tears, they were so absorbed with it all that they really didn't see the truth behind it.

I heard a knock on the door so I looked into the mirror, realising I was in no state to answer it, so I did what I had never done before. I stayed quiet. Whoever it was knocked again,

"Please, I don't care who's in there, I just need somewhere to hide." the voice was desperate, but I knew exactly whose voice it was, Cedric Diggorys'. I snorted,

"Can't you go hide inside a circle of your fanclub?" I heard his laughter and I opened the door.

"They're who I'm hiding from," he paused, looking me up and down. "wait are you ok?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Obviously not, I don't appreciate blood-traitors begging for my help." I walked backwards, hinting for him to come in.

"dove," he said softly as he came in, he placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder, "what happened between us?" his voice was soft, his body and his face had un-tensed in my presence, it didn't help that I began to tense up around him. We had started to grow apart when Mrs. Diggory had been killed, and ever since he was sorted into Hufflepuff.

"What happened between us Cedric?" I spat at him loudly, "YOU. You happened, you stopped talking, you thought you were better than me, you associated yourself with people you knew despised me. You brought this on yourself, Diggory. You're pure blood but you speak of the others as though we are beneath you."

He came closer to me, moving his hand from my shoulder to my waist.

I barged past him, violently making our shoulders collide.
~~~~~~~~~~~
~cedrics pov~
"YOU. You happened, you stopped talking, you thought you were better than me, you associated yourself with people you knew despised me. You brought this on yourself, Diggory. You're pure blood but you speak of the others as though we are beneath you." Dove screamed at me as she barged past me violently, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards my chest and did something I don't regret but I had second guessed myself about this multiple times in my head.

I kissed her.

The kiss only lasted a few seconds but honestly it felt like heaven, at least it did before she pushed her shoulders against my own as I tightened my grip on her waist but then I realised what I was doing and released her.

Bad idea.

She stood there and looked me in the eyes,

"Dove, don't leave, not now," I begged her breathlessly,

Her face 50 shades of crimson, she looked angry? No. Embarrassed? No. I couldn't make up my mind

Then, she slapped me, she really slapped me. Wow.
Then again I wasn't surprised, I just kissed her, out of absolutely nowhere. I watched her walk out as I re-counted what just happened

Did I regret it? I thought to myself. Absolutely not. I just knew things wouldn't be the same, they would be worse at least for now.
~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1111