Chapter 5

Percy's POV

What's been going on with me the last few days? All my wounds are completely healed. I still have scars. But there's no scabs, not only that, but I've seen some weird things.

A giant man attacked me yesterday; I could have sworn he only had one eye, A giant dog attacked me too. And it keeps getting weirder the weather has been crazy, tornadoes, thunderstorms, earthquakes and even a small tsunami.

The weirdest thing being, I made a friend yesterday.

His name is Grover. Brock and his nincompoops were bullying him, I helped him out a little. It seems he hasn't left my side since.

"Percy!" Harry yelled, breaking me out of my daze. "We got to go."

I gathered my stuff and walked to school.

Today actually wasn't as bad as usual.

I got to school, stopped Brock from picking on Grover and Harry, got Ds in all my classes.

And I have a new Latin teacher, Mr. Brunner. He's really cool. He's in a motorized wheelchair, he sometimes lets us play with his collection of Roman armor and swords.

I feel like Mr. Brunner actually thinks I can do well in his class. That's both a blessing and a curse, I've never had someone believe in me before. I've also never felt the need to live up to expectations. And his were high, he seemed to think I could ace his class. He expected me to know all the terminology and know everything about all the Greek gods.

The other kids and I began our walk home, we got back to the orphanage. I opened the door dam. It smells like alcohol, Peter and I ushered the kids up the stairs as quietly as I could.  Peter stayed with all the girls to protect them, I stayed with the boys.

It was 6:30 now, it was getting close to dinner time. Someone had to go downstairs and get food.

"I'll be right back." I stated opening the door.

I slowly made my way downstairs, hopefully they'd be passed out on the couch by now.

I found them on the couch, stepped around them and made it to the kitchen.

I opened the squeaky cabinet, we have granola bars, and bottled water that'll work.

Well it would've worked if I hadn't have dropped them. It made a loud crash and splashed water on me, please don't wake them up.

"Who's there?" The Housefather screamed from the living room.

I got to get out of here. I heard his footsteps coming towards me. Come on Percy think. There's no way out. I ran out of time the adrenaline hit me and I jumped 7 feet on the top of the fridge and 15 feet onto the stair railing I flipped over the rails and made it to the stairs and carefully went back to our room.

How the heck did I just do that?

"Percy are you okay?" Harry asked. "We heard him yell, we thought that you had been caught."

"I'm fine, I made it out in time," I whispered. "but they're awake now, be as quiet as you can." I pulled the granola bars out of my pockets and handed them out to the boys.

"I'll be right back," I muttered stepping out the door, towards the girls room.

I lightly tapped on the door and opened it.

"Hello," I murmured. "Is anyone in here?"

"Percy?" I heard Peter call from the back of the room

"I'm here, I brought dinner." I walked deeper into the room and passed out the granola bars. "Be careful they're up now."

I heard screaming and crying from the other room from the other room. My head snapped up. Crap, they must of gotten to them. I run as fast as I can too the boys rooms, Peter tried to follow me, but I stopped him he needed to stay with the girls.

I opened the door and to my horror, I see the Housefather has Harry by the collar, he pulls back his hand, I grab it.

he drops Harry turns towards me, hits me, grabs me by my ear and pulls me out of the room. Thank goodness he left Harry alone, but now I'm scared.

"Hands on the wall," he slurs. This can't mean anything good, but I listen because I don't want him to go after anyone else and I don't feel like dying today.

I hear him take his belt off. At this point I'm shaking. I hear it snap across my back and I scream. I shove my fist in my mouth to muffle the sound, I feel it again and again and again, theres a warm liquid dripping down my back now, it's another five minutes before he stops.

He grabs my chin harshly and pulls me up so that my face is inches away from his. "What'd you learn."

I didn't learn anything so I decide on a fan favorite.

"Respect," I said grimacing.

He slaps me across the face and drops me. I crawl back to the boys room, I don't want anyone to see me like this, but I don't have a choice. I rap on the door twice and Harry comes to the door it looks like he's been crying.

I stumble in the room and lay down on the bed, Harry goes into the bathroom and grabs towels and a bottle of rubbing alcohol.

"I'm sorry," Harry fretted. "This is going to hurt." he shoved a towel in my mouth and starts patting my back with the rubbing alcohol. I scream it hurts worse then getting beat.

I soon pass out, thank goodness. I wake up the next morning with bandages on my back. It still stings, and I think it has stopped bleeding. I'm lucky it's a weekend, we don't have to go to school today. I look in the mirror, I have a bruise on my cheek, and my shirt is covered in blood. Peter walks into the room. And sits on the edge of my bed

"I should have tried to protect you," he looks close to tears.

"No you shouldn't have, look what happened last time," I fuss.

"I know, I'm sorry that this is your life. You should be able to laugh without fear, or go out with your friends." He added.

PLEASE POINT OUT ANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS. I WON'T GET OFFENDED. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?