Chapter 7

Peter's POV
What's been happening to me? My bruises have been healing really quickly, and some strange things have been happening. For instance, this morning I was making my bed and my blanket somehow attached itself to my hand! I was flailing my arms around trying to get free of the adhered blanket but it wouldn't budge. It wasn't until I gave up that it finally fell off.

Not only that, but umm... I have abs! And I didn't even have to work for them!

I was navigating the crowded halls of my school, with Ned and MJ by my side. Our next class was science, I've always gotten good grades, but that doesn't mean I'm not stupid like the houseparents always tell me. If I wasn't stupid I would have found a way out of this mess by now.

We entered our classroom and found our seats, when suddenly something clicked in my head, a new formula. I found everything I need for my solution by the desks and began working incognito. When I finished I had some very sticky stuff in a jar. Now I just had to figure out what do with it.

A few minutes later I was sitting in my welding class (I know that's probably not a thing but I'm homeschooled so give me a break)  when another idea popped up in my head, some sort of metal thing that fits on your wrists.

Again, I slowly brought my materials to the table and got to work.

By the end of the day, I had a jar of really strong silly string and a glorified bracelet.

"Peter hold up!" Ned exclaimed running down the hallway to intercept me,"I got the LEGO Deathstar set yesterday! You should come over!"

I can't, not after this week's events. Ned knows I'm not in the best house, but he only knows the bare minimum. He doesn't know they hit us he just knows that they are very strict.

And I really want to see what the things I made in class do!

"I can't today Ned, sorry, it's my day to clean the bathrooms, maybe another time." That's not a lie, or even a half truth, I'm just withholding a teensy, tiny bit of information.

"Oh," Ned said, his face cast downwards, "yeah, maybe later."

"I really am sorry Ned." Sorry that the owners of that stupid orphanage are buttholes.

I walked out of the Highschool, towards the other other kid's schools. By the time I walk to each school and all the way to the orphanage I've walked about eight miles.

Well I shouldn't say walk. I always run, if I didn't run the principals of the schools would call the houseparents, because no one picked the kids up, and when the houseparents get reprimanded in any way, shape or form it usually ended in one, or all of the kids getting reprimanded in a much harsher way.

The run to all of the schools wasn't bad today; there was a gentle breeze caressing my face and whistling in between the buildings and the streets were quiet. Well as quiet as it gets in New York.

By the time I had gathered all the kids, we didn't have any time to do anything besides run "home."

Once we got home we ran the same drill, quickly and quietly running up the steps to our respective rooms.

I immediately grabbed Percy, went to the bathroom, locked the door and pulled out my... experiments? From earlier today. Now I just have to figure out what they do.

"What is that?" Percy asked.

"I don't know. Something I made at school," I mumbled. "It was like something made me make it. Like a calling, you know?"

"Not really," he said veraciously, "what does it do?"

"I don't know, that's what I'm trying to figure out."

After a few minutes of fiddling with them, I figured it out. If I put the sticky stuff, in the bracelet thing and press a little button it shoots out like a string! It's almost impossible to break!

"Woah!" Percy exclaimed, "it kinda looks like a spider web." Now that he says it... it kind of does. In fact I've been able to lift things that weigh a lot more than my body weight, and I've been sticking to stuff like a spider... it's like I'm becoming some sort of Spider-Man.

What's happening to me? I got bit by that spider at Oscorp! What if it was one of those radioactive spiders! What if I get superpowers like the hulk? What if I get some sort of crazy alter ego?

Okay Peter your getting ahead of yourself. Let's just figure out what I can do.

Thoughts?