Chapter 9

Harry's Pov

On the first of every month, Child Protective Services comes to check on all of the kids.

I despise the first of every month.

The houseparents make us clean everything, they don't leave our sides. You can't even blink without getting 'reprimanded' for it. Okay, I'm being overdramatic, but it's not a fun week.

The one upside of this week is they don't hit our faces; we wouldn't look very well cared for if we had bruises on our faces. 

I'm currently cleaning the bathrooms with Peter. The houseparents are checking on the rest of the rooms; leaving Peter and me to talk freely.

Have you ever cleaned a bathroom used by 6 kids? It's not a fun experience, trust me.

After scrubbing the grout until my fingers split;
the time arrived for the houseparents to investigate all our work. We were lined against the wall while they walked from room to room. my hands were fidgeting with fearful anxiety, the kids around me weren't looking much hotter; some were fighting to keep a straight face, a few biting their nails, and others were having an arduous keeping their vomit down.

The housefather came strolling into the hallway, his wife following. His face was plastered with glee.

"Wow, I knew that you kids weren't good for anything, " The housefather taunted, "but I thought you could at least do a simple task such as cleaning." I watch in panic as he pulls a sock from behind his back. My sock. "Do you want to know who's bed I found this sock under?" No, not really. "Harry, we gave you a simple task; clean. Did you? No, if you would have cleaned there wouldn't be a sock under your bed."

I close my eyes as he raises his hand waiting for the inevitable hit, but it never comes. The doorbell rang. Hey, CPS actually helped, what a surprise!

"Scatter twerps, look happy," the housefather demands.

He put on his best 'I love children and I totally don't abuse them!' face and answered the door.

An old man walked in the threshold; he had a grey beard tucked into the belt of his robe, and hair down to his lower back, he wore a tall pointed hat with stars scattered across it, his nose is long and crooked, his blue eyes piercing, he stood very tall.

"Albus Dumbledore, are you going to invite me in? Or are you just going to continue gaping at me? It's quite rude to stare." The strange man said.

Suddenly it clicked, I know who this man is; The day I met Hagrid at the coffee shop he told me that I was a wizard, and that'd I'd be attending a special school called Hogwarts. I didn't believe him at first I just kind of nodded along, that is, until he shot a bird out of his umbrella.

Hagrid told me that the headmaster would be coming to the orphanage in a few days to inform the houseparents that I'd be leaving.

I didn't believe that I'd ever get out of this place. It seems too good to be true, but it's happening, I might actually leave this dump!

"Y...y-es come in, come in. Are you from CPS?"

"No, I'm here to inquire about Harry Potter. I'm the Headmaster of a school in Scotland, his parents attended this school and I've been watching his Academics for quite some time now, and I think that he would fit in perfectly at our school. Admission for a Potter is free of charge of course."

"Free? Are you sure, " The Housemother asked.

"Completely sure."

"And he'd be gone for the whole school year?"

"Unless he chooses to come back for holidays."

"And when would he leave?"

"Next week."

"We love Potter he's had a very tough past, we are willing to let him go out of the kindness of our hearts, but we have no money to buy him books."

"We have money reserved for students in his- situation, " said Dumbledore, "the school shall pay for everything."

"Then I believe that we could let poor Potter go."

Yipee! It seems that although the houseparents love torturing me, they love money more!

I feel bad leaving the other kids behind, but maybe when I become a powerful wizard I can come back and save everyone!

I'm too lazy to edit this. I hope you liked this chapter because I sure don't (: