Chapter 8

Percy's Pov

So, Peter has Spider Powers, fish have been talking to me and I, for some reason unknown to me, can control water... Yep, I'm going crazy, say goodbye to your sanity Percy it's never coming back.

Yesterday, I was sitting in science when the class pet, Nemo II started telling me his life story. And you do not want to hear a fish's life story, because they can talk! Anyway of course I freaked out! I told my friend Grover what had happened and, to my surprise he didn't look at me like I was crazy. Instead his eyes lit up in a perceptive way. He told me he had to talk to Mr. Brunner and that he'd meet with me tomorrow.

Now I was in an alley with Peter and Harry testing Peter's new gadgets.

"Okay ready?" Peter asked his hand pointing towards the wall.

"Go for it Pete," Answered Harry.

Peter took a deep breath and flicked his wrist. Webs shot out of his wrist and clung to the wall, successfully tying Peter to the wall as well.

"Okay, now I just have to figure out how to break it."

It's been twenty minutes, we tried pulling on it, punching it, kicking it and cutting it. Nothing seemed to work.

Until Peter flicked his wrist! That's all he had to do! There goes twenty minutes of my life.

Then he went wild, shooting out webs left and right. "Okay Peter, now we know how it works, but what can we do with it?" Harry inquired.

"Let's see," Peter aimed his wrist towards the top of the wall and launched himself in the air. He shot a web at the wall and let go, then continued on the other side until he was swinging at a high speed around New York.

"We gotta get this guy a costume," Harry stated.

"Definitely."

It was getting late, we left the rest of the kids at the Orphanage because the House Parents were out. We really needed to get back.

There were no cars in the driveway, that's good news. We walked inside to get bombarded by the smell of stale beer and cigarettes, the houseparents smell a lot like Gabe used to.

I was laying in bed, finally getting the chance to relax, when all the kids jumped to the window. I had to see what all the racket was about so I ran towards the with them.

"Look at the cute puppy!" Said Joseph. Puppy? That is a huge puppy! It almost looks transparent like a ghost, It stands fifteen feet tall, with red eyes and black fur. It's baring it's teeth at the window and barking. It has a loud bark.

"Percy why do you look so scared?" Harry inquired. "It's just a little black Labrador."

"Little? It's bigger than a cow! Do you see those eyes?"

"What are you talking about Percy?" Harry questioned.

They really don't see that monster, but I know it's there.

Maybe I am going crazy.

It was getting late, all the kids went to bed hungry. I feel so guilty if I could get a job, I could feed them. But I can't no one wants to hire a sketchy 12 year old, and even if they would the houseparents would never allow me to be gone all day.

When I woke up, the 'dog' was still growling outside our window. I'll ignore it, that's how I fix all my problems.

It was time to walk out the door. I really don't want to walk out the door.

Hey, you wouldn't either of there was a giant demon dog waiting to tear you limb from limb and eat your soul!

"Percy come on it's just a dog! Be rational and let's go!" Peter griped.

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming." I'm going to die!

Okay, I will walk out of the door on the count of three.

One...

Two...

Three...

For Narnia!!! I slammed open the door and ran out. Wait, where's the 'dog'? Maybe it was just a figment of my imagination.

I thought to soon. The giant demon dog bounded after me.

Nope, nope, nope! I ran as fast as I could down the street, I vaguely heard Peter yelling after me. It's fine, I'll see him later.

There's a figure hobbling up the sidewalk ahead of me. Wait! It's Grover!

"Grover!" I warned. "Run!" He looked behind me and immediately started running. Dang, he's running faster then he does on enchilada day, don't let the crutches fool you he can move fast on enchilada day.

So apparently he can see the monster too, or he's just deathly afraid of little Rottweilers.

I can finally see the school in the horizon. I've been running for five minutes, and my legs are starting to give out on me.

"Come on we've got to get to Mr. Brunner!" Exclaimed Grover.

How is Mr. Brunner going to help us? Oh well, Grover is smart, he knows what he's doing. I hope.

We made it too the school, the monster is close behind us, people are looking at us like we're crazy. Does everyone but me and Grover see a regular dog?

Grover scrambled for the door handle "Chi- Mr.Brunner!" Grover shouted.

Mr. Brunner turned his head and threw me a... pen? Ah, yes we all know that giant demon dogs are allergic to pens.

"Percy! Uncap it!" I pulled the cap off the pen and it turned into a bronze sword in my hand, not just any sword, Mr. Brunner's sword he uses in tournament day.

The dog was now right behind us, growling loudly, it's legs were tense, he was about to jump. I ducked and slid under its legs.

Okay, that was cool. I thought.

Death breath turned around for round two, except this time he was angrier. He went to jump again, only this time I was ready I held the sword above my head and jabbed.

There was a yelp of pain followed by an explosion of gold dust.

I just fought a giant dog in the school hallways, okay... what the heck.