Chapter 10

Peter's POV
Dang, I feel evil. Sorry about the loooong cliff hanger, I started school back up, and then I got a nannying job, and then two weeks later casting called and gave me a recurring background role in a certain new kid show, by a certain big company (I can't tell you what show unless I want to die) I haven't had a free day in forever. Anywho, keep the comments coming they brighten my day.

It's mid-summer now, I've been busy. I wouldn't say I'm a superhero per se, but I'm getting there; I made a suit, I'm getting better at using my powers, now all I have to do is save someone.

It's easier said than done. We're in New York, robbery happens every day, I just haven't seen it happen yet.

Seriously, I've been crouching on the roof every night for weeks, looking for my chance. There hasn't even been a squabble between neighbors. I really need to invest in a police scanner.

That's what I'm doing now; hunching on the roof waiting for something interesting to happen.

Sitting here, I'm left with nothing but my thoughts; Harry is actually leaving us. He's going to some fancy European school in Scotland. I'm happy for him. He's finally getting out of this piece of crap we call home, but I'm going to miss him.

After a lot of pointless waiting, I decided to sneak inside. Climbing down the wall, I carefully slip through the window, softly landing on the tips of my toes.

Shrugging off my second-rate suit, I climb into bed. As fatigue falls over me, I don't fight as my eyes begin to shut.

I woke up to Harry Potter's grinning face hovering above me, as usual.

"Good morning, " he voiced. "Percy made pancakes."

I threw on whatever was at the top of my dresser, brushed my teeth with off-brand strawberry toothpaste, and rushed downstairs.

Duck.

Huh? What was the- "Ow!"

"Oh! sorry, Peter the pancake just flew," exclaimed Percy.

"When you threw it," finished Harry.

"When I threw it."

"It's not a big deal," I said picking the pancake up from the floor. "But I'm not eating it."

*******************

I decided to make today extra special, it's Harry's last weekend with us. I'm finishing his chores for him, I want him to be able to do what he wants today.

I've been saving up for weeks finding odd jobs here and there, mowing lawns doing tricks on the street, even pulling a few Oliver Twists.

I know what your thinking, 'superheroes don't steal.' Think of it as a Robin Hood deal. I steal from the rich and give to the poor, except I'm the poor.

I'm very careful about who I steal from. I make sure that what I take won't make a dent in their fortune.

"Harry, come here, " I called from across the room. "I have something for you."

"What's up?"

"Well, I figured you're going to need to tell time at the fancy British school," I explained, reaching under the bed. "So, I got you something"

I pulled out the box that I had worked so hard to get.

"What's in it?" he inquired.

"Open it." he reached out and took the box out of my hand smiling sheepishly.

"Are you sure Peter, " he asked.

"Yes, I'm sure."

He lifted the lid, to find a gold plated watch, I found at a semi-sketchy pawnshop.

"I can't take this, you could feed everyone for a week with this kind of money."

"I know, but you're going to need something to remember us by, although Percy does leave an impression."

"Peter, I don't know what to say."

"Just say thank you, twerp, " I joked.

"Thank you." he spoke solemnly.

"You're welcome. Now go, you're going to be late."

"For what?"

"Your party of course,"

"Party?"

"Yes, your party, now move."

****************
"Close your eyes, " Joseph exclaimed.

"Okay, okay, " Harry mumbled, moving his hands in front of his eyes.

We all ushered Harry to the middle of the park.

"Alright, " Percy exclaimed. "Open your eyes."

"I don't believe it, thank you." Harry said in awe.

It doesn't take much to wow that kid.

In front of us were many picnic blankets covered in any food we could scrounge up, some of the girls found fairy lights to lay around the blankets. Fastened to two trees was a banner the younger kids painted that read,

"We'll miss you Harry"

Surprise it's a short chapter. Haha, to bad for you. Also I haven't even read what I've written.