Chapter 7

The company slid down a long tunnel before falling into a giant cage made of bones and wood. Groans were heard as the group struggled to their feet, disoriented. Urzoth made no hesitation to get up, and she wished the dwarves would move faster. She groaned as a loud screech sounded in the giant cavern. Within moments, goblins were rushing toward them, weapons draw. The confused dwarves didn't have time to fight back, for multiple goblins apprehended each of them and dragged them through the cavern.

The company was brought to a clearing, where a thrown made of wood and bones sat. The giant, ugly Goblin King sat upon that thrown, a giant smirk plastered on his face as he gazed upon the group. He climbed off his thrown, using a group of goblins as a step stool, and stumbled toward them purposefully.

"Who would be so bold as to come into my kingdom armed? Spies? Thieves? Assassins?" He bellowed.

"Dwarves, your malevolence?" Answered the goblin closest to the front.

"Dwarves?" The King repeated, interest sparking in his eyes.

"We found 'em on the front porch, along with this she-orc," The goblin holding Urzoth hissed.

The Goblin King's eyes widened. "She-orc? Bring her forward!" He commanded.

Urzoth was shoved to the front. The dwarves watched in utter shock and confusion. Urilarue wasn't an orc. She was a dwelf, or so she had claimed to be. The Goblin Kings ugly smirk grew as he looked down at Urzoth.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here: Urzoth daughter of-"

"Silence. The dwarves don't know my true identity," Urzoth hissed in black speech, cutting him off.

"And what are you doing with a group of dwarves? Does your father know you're here?" The King asked, his wicked smile growing bigger, if possible.

"Of course my father knows where I am. And my business is between me and my father," she answered aggressively. She never liked the goblins. They were very nosey and not very good at keeping secrets.

He studied her for a moment, contemplating whether or not to ask further questions. "Very well," He said before turning his attention to the dwarves. "Search them! Every crack, every crevice!"

The dwarves were searched thoroughly by the goblins. Their weapons were taken and thrown to the floor. One of the goblins approached Urzoth, but she sent a hard glare and growl at him and he quickly backed away. They paused for a moment when a bag full of elvish items fell out. The Goblin King picked up a golden candelabra and examined it.

"Made in Rivendell?" He observed before looking more closely at the bottom. "Bah -- second age, couldn't give it away!" He concluded, throwing the item over the edge.

"Just a couple of keepsakes," Nori explained sheepishly.

"What are you doing in these parts? Speak!" The Goblin King asked.

The dwarves stayed silent, and Urzoth couldn't help but be impressed by their resilience. She has witnessed others crack under far less pressure. The Goblin King gazed around the crowed, his anger growing steadily.

"Well then, if they will not talk we'll make them squawk! Bring out the Mangler! Bring out the Bone Breaker! Start with the youngest!" the King declares, pointing a finger at Ori, who's eyes widened in fear.

"Wait!" Thorin called out before stepping to the front.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is: Thorin, son of Thrain, son of Thror, King Under the Mountain," The King boomed, giving a fake bow. He then paused, his face dropping in mock pity, "Oh, but I'm forgetting: you don't have a mountain, which makes you... nobody, really."