Chapter 20

With the cessation of Tauriel's spell, Kili is fast asleep, the power of the Kingsfoil having knocked him out. It was for the best though, for it allowed the herb to do its job in pulling the poison from his body. Urzoth had left his side on the bed, longing for the simple refreshment known as water. Helping herself to a small clay cup, she fills it with water from the sink and takes a thirsty sip. The cool liquid manages to calm her nerves. She knows Kili is safe, so she takes delight in the simple act of having a drink.

"I've heard of the tales of the wonders of elvish medicine. That was a privilege to witness," Oin tells Fili from the other end of the room, staring in awe at Tauriel, who has taken on the task of wrapping Kili's leg.

Shortly after this is said, Kili falls back into consciousness, though his mind is fuzzy and his body exhausted. He's barely able to make out the person that delicately wraps his wounded leg, though when he realizes it's Tauriel, his heart breaks and pity overtakes him. He knows he has to talk to her. He cant let her keep loving him, it wouldn't be fair.

"Tauriel," he says, his voice low and raspy from the shouts of pain he let out not too long ago.

"Lie still," she commands, not daring to look into his eyes.

"You should not be here. You should be far, far away. You should be far, far away from me. You should be walking in starlight in another world. You are wasting your time on me. I know you love me, and we both know I don't love you. My heart already belongs to another. You deserve to find love like that which I feel for her. You deserve to be loved in a way which I cant give you. Find your love Tauriel, for it is not with me."

With that, Kili's eyes drift shut again, sleep dragging back into it's embrace. Tauriel stands there, dumbstruck. Kili's words broke her heart, though she knows what he says is true. She doesn't like it one bit, but he loves Urzoth and she loves him. Tauriel saw how Urzoth looked at Kili whilst he lay there withering. The she-orc looked at him with a love unmatched by her own. It was the most powerful love Tauriel had ever seen. It gave her hope, for if a creature such as Urzoth could find such a love, then surely there was one for her, though this fact didn't make Kili's words hurt any less.

"He's right you know," A low voice sounded from behind her. Turning, Tauriel saw that it was Urzoth.

"I know, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt," Tauriel replied.

Urzoth nods in understanding. "If it's any console, I do believe you will find someone who can love you. You deserve it more than anyone," she says with a small smile. She may have disliked the elith upon their first meeting, but now she feels for her. She truly does hope that she finds happiness.

"Thank you," Tauriel says with a small nod of her head. With that, the she-elf makes to cleaning the bowl she used to make the medication for Kili.

Urzoth takes a seat at the table Kili lays on. His face is relaxed and a content smile rests upon his lips. It brings a small smile to Urzoth's face, knowing that he is currently at peace. She brings her hand to rest on is, brushing her thumb softly over his knuckles. The love she feels for him is indescribable, and the relief present, knowing that he will be okay, is overwhelming. She knows there are dark times to come, but for now, in this moment, she is at peace. Kili is alive, and that is all that matters.

Kili's fingers intertwine themselves with hers, notifying her of his consciousness. She flashes him a bright smile, which he happily returns. In a spur of the moment action, the orc leans down and presses a passionate kiss to his lips. He happily returns the gesture, bringing the hand not grasping hers to rest upon her hip. She pulls away, much to Kili's dismay, though her next words make their parting worth it.