CHAPTER 01

"jennie, your visions suddenly started spreading in the village. we agreed to keep your ability a secret, did we not?" her father scolded her as she sat in front of his desk in his office in their mansion.

"but i promise, father. i didn't tell anyone." jennie argued.

"and i believe you. but you need to be more careful and understand that you are now in danger." her father sighed.

"what do you mean?" she asked, confused of her father's words.

"there are eyes and ears everywhere. the evil that lurks in the shadows would want to get a hold of your abilities. to change their fate or win against the light." her father explained.

"but you told me to not believe in those things. remember?" jennie frowns, remembering how her mother and father told her that she was just imagining things when she told them about the winged boy, smiling and waving at her.

"we told you that to keep you safe. the more you know about them, the more chances they have at finding you." he answered.

"if that is so, why tell me now then?" she asked.

"because there is no point in hiding you anymore. we cannot hide you from your destiny anymore." he sighed sadly.

"w-what ever is it that you mean?" she stuttered.

"before you were born into this world, your grandmother possesses the same ability as yours. she had forseen that a far greater seer than her, greater than any seer that has ever lived will be born into our family. my daughter, that seer is you." he admits to her.

"m-me? but no. it cannot be me. i could not even control my abilities properly." she denied.

"because we have been stopping you from the very beginning. we do not want to lose you." jennie's father looked at her, broken and defeated.

after the revelation, jennie could not seem to think straight. there is no way she is the greatest seer her grandmother was talking about. she just feels it in her bones.

she has so many questions. but jennie knows better than to barge into her father's office once more and ask questions that her father is not ready to answer.

"madame?" her personal maid called.

"oh, uh, yes?" she snapped out from her reverie.

"your mother wants your presence in the dining hall. dinner is ready." the maid informed.

"okay. i will be there in a second." she nodded, and looked at the view of the forest from the balcony of her room.