CHAPTER 08

once taehyung entered the throne room, his father immediately gave him a grin which he did not reciprocate. his expression remained blank, wanting his father to realise that he should stop his plans and open his eyes to see the consequences of starting the war.

"are you still refusing to join the war, son?" the king asks him and he needed to do was was harden his expression to let his father know his answer.

"you will get nothing out of this war, father. no one will." taehyung tells him and the king just laughs at his words.

"it will give me the whole world, son. a world that would not need the balance those deities push upon us to keep us at bay." the king tells him. "you will one day be the one rule the world, taehyung. you will have to join us either way." he adds.

"never." taehyung shakes his head. "i will never be a part of something that will cause the destruction of many lives."

"did you get that from jisoo, son? both of you are very stubborn." the king grins. "be more like your other cousin, lalisa."

"do you really think lalisa wants what they want for her, father? the only reason she is stayed there is because you refused to let her meet me and jisoo." taehyung almost raised his voice.

"that half breed is the only one who have not disappointed us. you and jisoo had disappointed me enough. falling for a human and an angel of royal blood. what would that make us look?!" the king's voice boomed.

"the only reason you find that disappointing, father, is because you trapped yourself in the thinking that humans, angels and demons are to never get along. whay is that father? why do keep shoving those ideals in our heads?" taehyung finally let out his thoughts.

"because they took everything away from me." the king's expression darkens. "and then shoving me down here, painting me as the villain. destroying who i was." he added, rage in his every word.

"revenge. you are doing all this for revenge." taehyung almost scoffed.

"they wanted a villain out of me and i will finally give them one." the king walked to the balcony and gazed down on his kingdom. "i will give my kingdom what it deserves." he says.

"did you want to do this." taehyung asks.

"i never did but betrayal made me change my mind." his father answers. "if you are thinking of getting in my way becayse of that seer then think again. i will never let you."

"what?" taehyung asks in confusion.

he only realised what his father meant when guards are finally dragging him out of the throne room, probably to lock him in the castle's dungeon.