V.

I was currently bandaging up Slicers with the two other two Med-jacks, Clint and Jeff, which wasn't that different from the day-to-day job.

When I finished wrapping their bandages I stood up.

A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door, and I went answer it.

''Thomas, what are you doing here? Are you hurt?''

''I...uh...want answers''

I quickly looked around me, hoping that no one was watching, then said: ''Alright. Come on''

I took Thomas by the hand and lead him up the stairs again, only to the second floor.

''I have questions. Lots more. But Chuck, Alby and everyone else around the Glade never want to give me answers to anything. Gally hates me and Newt is busy''

''What makes you think I will?'' I said, crossing my arms.

''See? There it is! Why are you guys being so secretive?!"

I sighed. ''It's kind of a long story''

''Then tell me,'' Thomas eyes shifted back and forth. ''Tell me the long story''

''What's out there?'' He asked and I hesitated. I walked over to him and sat down next to him. He was too curious and the last thing I wanted to do was to lead him on.

Shuck it.

''Outside the Glade lies the Maze with creatures called Grievers. No one's ever seen one and lived to tell about it, but they're out there''

Thomas was silent for a moment, as he was processing everything.

''The Runners are the only ones who know what's out there. Every morning, when those doors open, they run the maze, mapping it, memorizing it, trying to find a way out''

''How long have they been looking?''

''Two years''

''And they haven't found anything?'' I shook my head.

''How is that even possible?''

''You think I have a bloody clue? Listen shank, from what I've heard...there's no way out. The Maze is divided into eight sections surrounding the Glade. Every night those walls of the Maze change, repeating the same pattern every month. I've only been here two months. Alby's been here two years and ever since it's been the same''

''So, what do I have to do to become a Runner?''

I burst out laughing. ''Did you hear what I just said?''

''Umm, yeah...''

''Alex!''

We both jerked our hands away and our attention turned to the door. We both knew perfectly well who the voice belonged to.

''I think you should go and get some rest...''

We got up and I led him towards the back door.

''Wait! I need more answers...''

''Now! You'll get more answers soon'' I said, holding the door open for him to go.