Chapter 16:

(Alex's POV)

"Come on" I said, trying to put what happen to the back of my mind and plastered on a fake smile.  "You can take it easy while you're hanging in the Slammer.''

Thomas nodded

The Slammer stood in place between the Homestead and the north Glade wall. It was a big block with one tiny, barred window and a wooden door that was locked with a rusty metal latch.

I took out a key and opened it up, then motioned for Thomas to enter.

Thomas stepped inside and saw the only piece of furniture—a chair with one leg obviously shorter than the rest.

"Have fun," I said before closing the door.

I was about to turn around when Thomas called out my name.

''Stay.'' I didn't know what came over him, but I knew that he didn't want to be left alone.

I still had my back turned to him when I smiled and Thomas couldn't see. 

''Okay!'' I exclaimed before turning around swinging my arms and clapping my hands in front of me.

And Thomas was staring at me the whole time.

I noticed. ''What are you looking at?''

Thomas shook his head slightly ''Wha--nothing'' I could see Thomas face turn slightly red as he looked to the ground.

I chuckled shaking my head and sat down in front of the wooden door.

...

''I'm sorry I'm ruining your relationship  with Gally. Newt told me you guys were really close'' he said, leaning back a bit. 

''It's not your fault. He's been acting so weird lately. He's kind of an ass but that was how he's always been. I guess he's just  under a lot of stress. I don't know. But don't blame yourself''

 He nodded.

 '' Well, um... I gotta' go'' I said quietly, before getting up. I gave Thomas a small wave good before disappearing out of sigh.