Chapter 25:

(Alex's POV)

I lifted my t-shirt up slowly and saw that my whole stomach was now covered in blood.

''NO!'' Thomas rushed to my side and caught me as I fell backwards and stumbled into his arms. The two of us slid to the floor and he lightly place me on the floor.

He looked at me, worry written all over his face. "Oh god. Oh god''

 ''Why? Why did you do that!'' Tears started to well up in Thomas's eyes.

''I couldn't let you get hurt...I'm sorry'' My heartbeat was getting slower and my eyelids started to get heavier and heavier. 

Thomas noticed. "No, No, No" He stammered, lifting my head into his lap, trying to get me to stay awake.

''Stay with me, Alex! Alex! C'mon, it's okay, you are going to be okay! Please...'' His voice insistent as he pressed the palm of his hand on my wound to try and stop the bleeding.

I let my hand hover over his. ''It's okay'' I whispered, one tear falling from my eye. Then I closed my eyes.

...

(3rd POV)

''Alex?'' Thomas whimpered as Alex went limp in his arms. Blood stained his hands as he choked up a gasp and waited for a little bit of wind to come out of her nose, but she didn't move.

''No, no'' he decided to try one more time, putting his head on her chest, listening for a heartbeat. He was waiting for a miracle that it didn't come.

"No. Oh, no. No no no. This can't happen. No! You can't die!'' He yelled in agony, and began to sob as he held her bloody body close to his.

Chuck only watched, too sad to do anything. Gally somehow snapped out of his trance. His hand holding the gun dropped idly to his side and it clattered onto the ground. 

''I'm so sorry''

''Thomas?'' Newt, who was crying harder now too, knelt down in the floor beside him, and left a hand on his shoulder as he closed his eyes. 

''Come on, now!! You've lived through worse than this.'' He cried as he tried shaking her now limp body.

Minho stood there in shock for a few seconds paralyzed by the turn of events, just watching her lay there before blinking away the tears. 

Angered by Alex's demise, he charged at Gally and punched him in the side of his face.

...

A group of men with guns entered and pulled Thomas away from Alex's dead body. He fought, kicked and thrashed around uselessly trying to get out of his grasp refusing to leave her. Minho knocked Gally unconscious and fled with Thomas and the other Gladers.

A trance swept over his body as it became weak against the arms of his captors. 

Thomas could still hear the gun being fired echoing in his ears, over and over like a broken record. 

This is it! This is the end of the story shanks! I know, I know I killed Alex and I'm sorry! But...

Um, I'm gonna' let you guys choose. If she lives or dies, I leave the choice to you.