007

THE MOONCHILD AND THE LOST SOUL now knew each other's names. You were sitting under the tree in the park. The Sun setting down, the light falling on your face. The birds chirping as they fly home, you have to return too. Your Mom, your sister would be worried if you return home late. The moonchild hands you a cotton candy. You look up at him and then at the candy and then again at him, he has a childlike smile on his face. You sigh and take it, his candy was already melting. Namjoon never asked why you were crying in the library sitting alone and you didn't either. Even though you've been meeting each other since a week and having cotton candy in the evening at a nearby stall.

"Neena, would you come join me for a walk? We can even have cotton candy!" he had said, and you agreed. You didn't agree because of the cotton candies, but because of the way he said it. He had a black baseball cap on, matching with his black t-shirt, his usual wide smile with crinkled eyes. It wasn't a bad idea, because Namjoon took you to different places. Places with no crowds, places where he would come to when he needs peace.

Moonchild had said, "At times when your mind is crowded with thoughts, you have to stay away from the crowd so that these thoughts could shout the loudest in these quiet places and clear your mind."

You stare at the boy who has been only making you smile with his words. "Can I ask you something, Namjoon?" The said boy has his eyes wide as he had his mouth open to eat candy in his hand. He turns towards you, surprised as you rarely spoke. He nods with a tiny smile.

"Why am I having a cotton candy with you at this park in the evening while I could've just walked home and stayed in the comforts of the four walls of my room?"

He blinks, then chuckles. "Because you wouldn't want to miss this perfect sunset, would you?"

You smiled.

"Why are you taking me out is what I meant. Why exactly are we even here?"

"Then you should've asked it more clearly," he says, waving his hands as he spoke and then shaking his head.

"Answer my question."

He breathes out a deep sigh, "The little bird with no wings." You furrow your eyebrows. "The little bird thinks that she has no wings to fly, when in reality, her fear made her think that way. She was so scared of the world, the very world she loved to fly in, that she made herself think that her wings disappeared. So she stays in her nest, scared of the world, afraid of flying. And now the little bird is lonely, sad and alone."

You scoff, you knew the little bird was you. "We barely know each other. How would you know if I'm lonely or sad or alone?"

The moonchild smiles, "I might've guessed it wrong," he now stares at the hue of the orange-purplish sky, "But I do know that the girl who shed tears in the library does need someone to share her sorrows with."

You were taken aback.

Oh yes, he had seen you cry. He remembers.

How you thought he must've forgotten.

word count : 562

a/n:

the word counts are getting lesser and lesser.. 😄😄😄😄*sweats😄😄😄 nervously*😄😄😄