013

When you stepped outside the house, you saw how cloudy it was today. Your mood reflected the cloudy sky. Your gut told you that today was going to be one of the toughest of all the worst days.

You find Namjoon at the usual park you sit at. He is earlier than usual. You wave at him smiling, in confusion as to why he was here so early. But you were happy you got to see him because you knew once you met him, your day would be easier to spend.

The Moonchild smiled at the lost soul. The lost soul furrowed her eyebrows, his smile was not reaching his eyes. Something must be wrong because Moonchild always smiles even when he is sad. Today, it was different.

You asked him if he was okay. You asked once, you asked twice. But both the times he refuses to express.

You give him a serious look as you crossed your arms.

He smiles sadly.

"I don't know how to tell you this. I hoped I could delay this as much as I could but I cannot anymore."

"What..is it, Namjoon? You're making me anxious."

Namjoon sighs, "I'll be leaving Seoul. Temporarily."

Your breath is heavy as you inhale and exhale. What is happening? It's as if everything is crumbling down again, making it more worse. Your already broken heart breaking into more pieces. You were falling and falling and there was no one to catch you now. What if you fall and hit yourself? Or worse, what if you never fall and you just never know when you might fall?

Today is one of the worst days.

"Please tell me this is a joke."

He shakes his head, his eyes glistening.

"Why?"

"Dad. He is ill. I have to be there with him. With my parents. Mom called me a week ago saying Dad looked weaker. And-And I don't want to worry them during this tough time. "

"But-But your auditions..your music? "

"I'll be back. Just a month or two, I'll be back again."

He said, although he wasn't sure he would be back again.

"And you tell me this today?"

Today is one of the worst days.

"I'm sorry.."

You chuckle bitterly.

"You-You cannot do this. You said we were friends and we would always stay friends. You said you will never give up on music. How could you just leave everything behind.. "

"We are still friends. And I'm not giving up, Neena. My Dad-"

"When-When will you be leaving?"

He is hesitant to answer, "In a week.."

You smack him in the arm. You smack him again and again. Before you know it, tears stream down your eyes.

"I hate you!"

"Neena.."

"I hate you!!"

Namjoon is trying his hardest to not cry.

"I hate you.." you say softly.

He steps forward to hug you.

You push him away lightly.

"I need to be alone right now." You run home.

And moonchild was sadder, because lost soul was hurt for him. He never intended for this. The lost soul couldn't see that the moonchild was crying too.

The lost soul cried that night. The lost soul cried for the moonchild. She thought moonchild would always understand. But she forgot that moonchild could also be hurt sometimes.

The lost soul didn't answer him when the moonchild called.

Moonchild and the lost soul cry together. They cry together because they'll be away from each other.

word count : 579