008

6 YEAR OLD NEENA.

Your mother tickles you, you laugh breathless along with your mother. Your father leaning against the door as he stares at his wife and daughter, his arms crossed as he has a fond smile on his face. Your Dad kisses your mother's forehead, then hugging you, he placed a kiss on your chubby cheeks.

"We are one big happy family!" you had said, raising your arms and then hugging your parents.

_

Your little legs walk behind your parents, as the family of three keeps walking on the hill. Your laughter echoed in the quiet hill and she ran up to a tree. Your parents hugging each other and walking towards you. They even shared a kiss! You shyly cover your eyes and giggle.

Suddenly, your parents seperated, your eyes were wide as you didn't know what was going on when your parents yelled at each other.

You three went back home and you thought you did something wrong, that's why they were shouting at each other in the room beside yours. You had cried at night, you were scared. Scared to ask your parents. Scared to talk to them about anything. What happened? You thought you three were one big happy family? You wipe your eyes with your tiny hands. Your eyes slowly closing as you drifted to sleep, crying.

But when you woke up the next day, your parents were smiling. Confused you, you thought you must've had a bad dream and forgot about it, you went over to Hei-ran's house, your best friend and played all day as you were relieved and happy.

_

"Mumma! Papa said that my little sister will soon be here! Is that true?"

"Yes, baby." Your mom smiles and says.

"Now everything will be okay," your father had smiled and said.

You tilted your head and stared at him as he hugs your mother.

_

"Neena?" Your father wakes you up from your nap, his hands carassing your forehead. You were sleeping. You woke up excited. You knew what it meant when your Dad woke you up in the middle of the night. Ice cream!

Your father grins at you knowingly. You both walk to the kitchen, he hands you a spoon and you both dig in.

You didn't know why, but your 6 year old heart wanted to ask a question:

"Dad?"

"Hm?" he says taking a bite of his icecream.

"This will never change, right?"

He smiles, "Never, my baby." He hugs you and kisses your forehead,
"I'll never let that happen."

You smile.

I'll never let that happen.

It still rings in your head, even when you're a 19 year old.