Misery Loves My Company

Author's Note
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE VIEWS!!! AHHH!!! I am so excited! This story is going to be a success and I promise it will be a wonderful journey!!!
Now back to your normally scheduled program!!! Sorry, Chapter 2 is so short! I just wanted to give something back to you all for your kindness!!!
💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗
Chapter 2

*Angel*

I woke up to my bedroom and tried remembering what happened to get me here. I remember seeing Alastor before I fell asleep. I blushed to realize he must have brought me to my room. I sighed and got on my favorite pink hoodie and some comfortable shorts. I put on my pink headphones and connected them to my pink Walkman playing the album Crybaby from Melanie Martinez. It was nice walking to the kitchen and just making a sandwich feeling calm for once. In therapy, Charlie realized I was anxious all the damn time and that I functioned best with music. I saw Husk and waved then went back to my room when I saw a small bouquet of pink roses. I picked them up and smiled. I read the card and it was a friendly note from Husk and Nifty:

Dear Angel,

We care so much about you and hope we can all hang out sometime!!!

Love,

Nifty and Husk

The Friendship Club!!!

I laughed a bit and smiled. Husk and Nifty had started a small Friendship Club with Charlie and Vaggie. It was adorable, but I wasn't interested. This wasn't the kinda thing I was into. I brought the roses into my room. I got rid of old dead roses from a vase and put in the new blush pink ones. I smiled at the roses. It was nice to know I was loved and cared for by my friends. A nice change of pace for me. I walked back downstairs and saw Alastor and Nifty talking a bit. He wasn't smiling and seemed rather. . . distressed? Nifty eventually left and Alastor just looks a bit disheveled. I walked over and waved as I took off my headphones.

¨Hey Al. Are you feeling ok?¨ I asked with a reassuring smile. He looked at me and immediately went to his normal happy-go-lucky grin.

¨I am perfectly fine Angel. Don't you worry your pretty little head!¨ He patted my head and left leaving me oddly confused. I followed after Al and saw him going to see Charlie in her office. I was a bit jealous, since well I liked Alastor a lot. He's weird and different. A lot more exciting than some of the guys I meet on the street. He walked in and I looked to Vaggie who looked pissed off in the kitchen.

¨What's got you all wound up?¨ She looked at me angrily and then calmed down a bit.

¨Oh nothing just... Angel have you ever liked someone?... So much you can't stand seeing them with someone else?¨ She looked to the door sorrowfully, I followed her gaze feeling equally... distressed. Anyone would be dumb if they couldn't see how perfect Charlie and Al were for one another. Both bubbly and happy all the time, both enjoy singing, both love dancing, they're just perfect together all the time. Always in sync and know each other because they know themselves. I sighed.

¨Yeah I know how ya feel...¨ I said as we both stared at the door worriedly. The door burst open to an overwhelmed Charlie who walked to Vaggie and hugged her from stress, and a relieved Alastor. I walked to him.

¨You trying therapy too?" I asked. He looked at me and grinned.

¨Well yes, Charlie thinks music therapy could help but I am a different case than you so she is thinking of other things." I thought for a second.

"Well, you're a Radio Demon kinda guy. Try recording your feelings into a tape recorder and maybe it'll feel more organic?" Charlie beamed and looked at me.

"Angel you're a genius!!!" She ran to her office and grabbed a tape recorder and empty tapes and handed them to Al. He held them and was confused.

"Trust me, Al, you're gonna need to at least do this once a day or sometimes all day so you can feel like a normal living being." I joked. He smiled at my joke.

"Well thank you for the suggestion, Angel." I blushed a bit from the smile.

"You're welcome, strawberry pimp." I punched his arm jokingly and left listening to the song Carousel.

I went to my room and laid in bed. When I Charlie ran in and dragged me back to the living room.

"Everyone since it is February we are going to have a Valentine's Day Party!!! It's the 31st of January so you better get a gift for anyone you care about and it better be good!!! Make sure to bring a date!!!" I sat there and felt sad. I felt really... lonely. Everyone I knew was just my clients and I knew I only liked Al. I got up and left the room with tears streaming down my face.

*Alastor*

I watched Angel leave crying and Charlie run after him upstairs and I heard a door slam. I got up and left as well and heard Angel's room be torn apart. Charlie cried and left. I sighed and felt responsible to help Angel feel better, for the sake of the Hotel of course!!!