Breatheless

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you so much for the 117 views! I worked till about midnight getting together reference material for this chapter and doing research for accuracy. I hope you all enjoy it!!!

*Angel*

I woke up feeling sick as hell and I couldn't find my walkman. I bolted upward in bed. I got up and ran around my room looking for it quietly so no one knew I was awake. That's when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Al.

"Alastor! Sorry I was looking for my walkman! Have ya seen it?!" I rambled as I searched when he handed me the small pink walkman. I smiled and hugged him.

"Thanks, Alastor! But I gotta change! Thanks for helping!" He nodded.

"Rest easy Angel." I nodded as he left. I ran around the room and found another corset. I smiled and got it onto my body snuggly and tied it tighter than last time. I smiled and looked in the mirror. The empty feeling in my stomach hurt like hell and my ribs screamed for freedom from my prison, but my body felt so beautiful and perfect for once. I got on a pink mini skirt and skin-tight black long sleeve shirt and my normal heels. I looked good and felt confident. I grabbed my walkman and let my headphones lay on my shoulders as I walked out of my room. When I got to the kitchen there was a nice meal waiting for me.

"You should eat Angel! You gave us a scare earlier!" Charlie said. I sighed and faked a smile as I ate. I ate some food and felt immediately sick but I pushed it down and the emptiness left. I finished eating and immediately ran to a bathroom and puked. I felt the emptiness again and felt safe again. I brushed my teeth and made sure I didn't get any puke on me then walked out. Charlie and Vaggie suspected nothing as I walked by. I felt comfortable in my skin for once. I walked through the halls of the Hotel when I saw Alastor down the hall. I waved to him and his eyes looked at me worriedly.

"Angel... are you wearing a corset again?! You could get hurt!" He grabbed my arm gently and I immediately blushed red.

"A-Al it's no big deal. They just help me look skinnier! That's it!" He let go.

"Did you think I wouldn't notice the change?" I looked up to him and his smile was faltered and worried. "Angel you're hurting yourself and that isn't good for the hotel." My heart broke and I just looked up to him.

"Right... the hotel. Not Charlie or me. The hotel." The tears streamed down my face. "Maybe I should just leave then since clearly, you don't care for me! Maybe I should find my secret admirer and find someone who loves me for me and doesn't care about how my actions make them look!" I turned into my room and grabbed a suitcase, but Al grabbed my arms tightly, making me yelp.

"I will not let you leave Angel." I was nervous as he looked at me with a protective almost possessive look. I felt the tears well in my eyes more and the cries came out more audibly.

"Al let me go! Now!" Fat Nuggets heard the fear in my voice and ran out of bed running into Al's leg over and over. Al, not paying attention kicked him away, but harder than expected and he hit the wall.

"Fat Nuggets!" I sprouted another set of arms and got Al off of me. I ran to my sweetie and the adorable pig snuggled into my arms happily. I was crying and held him close. Al looked like he felt bad but I stopped him before he could speak.

"Get the hell out! Now!" I cried and he left.

"Angel I am so sorry-" I slammed the door shut and put Fat Nuggets back in bed. I got a text from my boss. Of course, I had work. I wrote a note to my secret admirer, left it outside my door, and left out through the window to work.

*Alastor*

Earlier I never meant to hurt Angel or Fat Nuggets, I was just frustrated with Angel and him hurting himself for this ideal beauty in his head that society has lied about. My biggest worry is I heard him puke his guts up earlier and it felt sickening to hear. I was worried about him constantly and I just wanted the best for him. That corset and a poor diet could kill him. I just wanted to know he was ok. I walked to his room and knocked. I got no response and looked down at the note to his secret admirer.

Dear Secret Admirer,

I'm glad I have you to talk to... I feel so lonely and you made me feel less alone in this world. Sometimes being cooped up in this hotel is hard. If ya don't mind... could you tell me more about you? I enjoy you a lot...

-Angel Dust

I smiled and got to my writing desk and began to write when Charlie walked in.

"Hey, Al! Vaggie and I are doing some advertising! Can you get Angel's prescription?" I looked up confused. Charlie looked shocked.

"Angel has asthma Al, he needs his inhaler at all times. His last dose went out. Mind helping me out?" I was shocked and nodded as she left. I grabbed my jacket and went to the nearest pharmacy. In hell, people were crazy about medicine but there is a back entrance for important things like inhalers, blood thinners, etc. I went there and they gave me Angel's inhaler. On the way back to the hotel I felt a tentacle wrap around me before I had time to react I was slammed against the ground repeatedly. I would have fought back, but I had no idea where the person was and if my attacks could hit me instead. I tried waiting it out as I was thrown around roughly and soon felt my breathing hitch.

*Angel*

I was outta work and could barely breathe, those clients took it outta me today. I walked back to the hotel hoping Charlie got my prescription when I turned my head to see Alastor getting the shit beat outta him.

"AL!" I grabbed a shotgun off of some random guy's back, put it on myself, and ran in. Al was hurt. I grabbed the pistol in my boot and shot at the target. I could barely see as a tentacle hit the gun away and hit me into a wall. I could barely breathe and Al looked knocked out. I panicked and grabbed the shotgun and shot at the target twice. They turned to me dropping Al. I ran as fast as I could and threw the gun at his head. I ran as fast as I could, but my eyes became fuzzy and I couldn't breathe. I fell over and couldn't breathe. The figure stood over me. I was scared to die. I was scared this person would harm me and I'd never see my friends again.

"Al... I love you..." I kept gasping for air helplessly. The wheezing was horrible as my vision fuzzed over. I pulled myself up barely able to breathe when they hit me over the head.

*Alastor*

I awoke to see a picture next to me. The picture was a knocked-out Angel. I felt panic. He didn't have an inhaler. He is hurt. I ran to the hotel to Charlie panicking.

"HUSK! CAR! NOW!" Husk looked shocked and nodded as I threw him the keys. We got in and I told him the address on the back of the photo. I held the photo in worry for Angel. This wasn't about the hotel. This wasn't about me, or Husk, or Charlie, or Vaggie, or Nifty, this was about Angel, the one person suffering the most in there. The one person I truly worried about.

We got to the location and I ran in, Husk staying behind. I saw Angel injured and weak.

"Angel!" I ran to him when the figure appeared in front of me. I growled and my powers trumped theirs this time, engulfing them into a pit, and soon they disappeared. I picked him up and ran back to the car.

"DRIVE!" I growled to Husk. I ran in with Angel and laid him on the couch. I ripped the corset off him and bandaged his head. He eventually awoke.

"Al?... You're ok!" He cried and hugged me. "I didn't think I could hold him off long enough! I thought you were hurt! My asthma attack stopped me! I'm so sorry!" I held him closer as he cried into my shoulder. The poor dear had a long day, and he would not stop sobbing to me about how scared he was. I wanted to take that fear away and let him just smile at me like he always does. He eventually fell asleep and I laid him back down to rest as I watched over the injured angel.